I was wondering if being verified on youtube really helps

AngelineCommander

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This maybe the wrong place to post this. I was wondering if being verified on youtube really helps my channel or not. I have custom thumbnails unlocked and don't upload over 10 minute videos.

Thank you for helping answer my question

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As far as I can tell, verification is just for adsense and stuff, so I -think- you're probably in the clear.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't think it offers any "perks" outside of credibility as you need a lot of Google+ followers to get there, I believe.

Reactions: danyatm

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It really doesn't offer any perks aside from being verified/bragging rights.

The main reason behind being verified is when your channel is that big and it's verified you can make sure nobody is attempting to impersonate you.

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
verification is just an identity thing, allowing viewers to know that the "real" [youtube sensation name] commented on [second youtube sensation name]'s video, rather than an impersonator. i've never subscribed to anyone or watched a video just because they were verified.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Unless I'm mistaken, I think OP is talking about "phone verified" because she's discussing 10 minute videos and other features. Phone verification does indeed unlock a few features, notably being able to upload vids over 15 minutes ( https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171664?hl=en )

The other type of verification (with the tick mark) ensures that nobody can impersonate you in the comments section. Without being verified, It's easy for someone else to change the "text name" of their channel and copy your avatar and pretend they are you in the comments and PMs. The tick mark shows who is the real channel. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3046484?hl=en

Reactions: Cvolton and xingcat

AngelineCommander

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unless I'm mistaken, I think OP is talking about "phone verified" because she's discussing 10 minute videos and other features. Phone verification does indeed unlock a few features, notably being able to upload vids over 15 minutes ( )

The other type of verification (with the tick mark) ensures that nobody can impersonate you in the comments section. Without being verified, It's easy for someone else to change the "text name" of their channel and copy your avatar and pretend they are you in the comments and PMs. The tick mark shows who is the real channel.
yes that I'm talking about that one

Reactions: xingcat and Crown