I want to make videos of just me talking, but I don't want to show my face?

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I think you should show your face on camera. I think that would look more genuine and real. But if you can't, maybe either use pictures as video and talk over it, or maybe transition into podcasting instead?

For Ducks Sake

Reaction score
I would recomend simply drawing something in paint and varying it based on what you r talking about a bit like grade a under a

Vegar

Reaction score
There are channels on YouTube that make free to use gameplay you just download them record audio of yourself and just edit it together.It works great and i use it too.

LizetteGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Perhaps you're looking in the wrong medium, especially as you seem to have a good idea of what you want your audio to be, but are lost for visuals: have you thought about starting a podcast instead? For a few dollars a month you can host it on Libsyn, and Audacity is a great free program for editing.

Mr.raspberryxd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
one thing i would do in your position is show pictures of what your talking about. if you do it right it could really add to the comedy of the video

Anticlimacus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My suggestion is to film yourself doing commentary . . . then watch the videos privately on your computer (don't even post them on YouTube at all). Do this a dozen or so times, and you will get used to seeing and hearing yourself on camera. I felt the same way that you do now, but I got over my fear after watching myself on camera a bunch of times.