I want to do a giveaway, any advice?

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys,

So I'm planning on doing a big giveaway on my channel once I hit 1,000 subs. I'd like to give away something physical (I don't have too much money but I can perhaps give away a big gaming bundle or something or channel artwork or music, etc...).

Anyway! I've never done a giveaway before and I was wondering if any of you have and if you have any advice?

For example, should I do it through video comments, how long should the giveaway be for; that kind of thing.
I've done this on Twitch, but obviously it's a little different...

Also, to people who've done it, did you have any success? What was the process like?

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Way to go on nearing 1000 Subs, that's awesome Katt Strike! A gaming bundle sounds pretty nice. Free stuff in general sounds nice! lol I've never had a giveaway on my channel because i only have 184 subs so can't help you with what the process is like

Reactions: BrinoVlogs

BrinoVlogs

I've Got It
Reaction score
Congratz on getting close 1K. Giveaway sounds cool.. But if I'm going to be completely honest, doing a giveaway at 1K it isn't that necessary as the audience is still generally little. If you think of it, saving a big giveaway for 10K subs makes more sense as now you a bigger audience and traction is coming through faster since everyone wants free stuff :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Katt cool that you´re getting so close to 1000 subs, you must be exited:)
I reached 1500 last week and I did a giveaway (would make a free animation video to one of my views) I got quite good response. I see that you sing a lot:up2: Maybe you could make a song/cover for a giveaway??
Keep up the great job and best of luck to you with your channel:)

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Hey guys,

So I'm planning on doing a big giveaway on my channel once I hit 1,000 subs. I'd like to give away something physical (I don't have too much money but I can perhaps give away a big gaming bundle or something or channel artwork or music, etc...).

Anyway! I've never done a giveaway before and I was wondering if any of you have and if you have any advice?

For example, should I do it through video comments, how long should the giveaway be for; that kind of thing.
I've done this on Twitch, but obviously it's a little different...

Also, to people who've done it, did you have any success? What was the process like?
If you're still looking for something to giveaway, I can perhaps help you out with this. I crochet plushies, so my thought is that I could crochet YOU and that would be something you could giveaway. It's just a thought.

Also, I have done giveaways before, but mostly on Twitch. With YouTube, I'd suggest letting people enter it if they comment on the giveaway video. I'd also suggest you have them like the video and be a subscriber before they can be eligible to enter. With Twitch, I usually have them type in a command if they want to enter into it and announce the winner at the end of the stream.

I saw that you make music as well. I do too and would love to collaborate with you one day. :)

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Congratz on getting close 1K. Giveaway sounds cool.. But if I'm going to be completely honest, doing a giveaway at 1K it isn't that necessary as the audience is still generally little. If you think of it, saving a big giveaway for 10K subs makes more sense as now you a bigger audience and traction is coming through faster since everyone wants free stuff :)
Thanks Brino, this is a good point! I'll keep it sort of small, as you're right 1K is not a lot![DOUBLEPOST=1497781321,1497780455][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you're still looking for something to giveaway, I can perhaps help you out with this. I crochet plushies, so my thought is that I could crochet YOU and that would be something you could giveaway. It's just a thought.
Omg I crochet too! I didn't think about making a "mini me" that's a really good idea!

Thanks for the extra info too about making sure they sub and comment. I've done a bunch of Twitch stuff (I used to work for a game dev who was partnered and we'd do giveaways all the time), but I feel like I wanted to approach YouTube a bit more carefully :)

Also that's cool that you also make music! I'm not looking to collab right now, but we should one day for sure![DOUBLEPOST=1497782161][/DOUBLEPOST]
I see that you sing a lot:up2: Maybe you could make a song/cover for a giveaway??
Keep up the great job and best of luck to you with your channel:)
Ohh congrats on 1500! Have you got any tips on growth ;)?

I really like this idea. It's quite simple and also very cheap (yay!). Thanks!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ohh congrats on 1500! Have you got any tips on growth ;)?
Thanks a lot:) I think you are doing a lot of things right allready so you will reach 1500 for sure.:up2: My best tip is to create great content and I think your videos are quite good so keep on uploading them. Then you can try to find other youtubers to collab with (this is what has helped my channel grow the most) I got some videos featured on bigger channels and it gave me 100+ subs over night:)

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I never did giveaways but the first tip may be to avoid the usual "subscribe and comment for a chance to win" since it would bring dead audience. I would go for something that requires more involvement, around the lines of "If you won the price what would you do with it" or "tell your funniest story involving <thing>" or ask them to submit a video clip or screenshot and give the price to the best.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My advice would be not to do a giveaway.
You can say thanks for 1000 subs in other ways. A special video / Q&A etc

Reaction score
I did a giveaway through the comments and it was super fun, i gave people one week and then did the random number generator. It was more awareness for new people!