I uploaded some old family videos and it became blurry

Yves Username

Reaction score
I watched the original file after looking at the file that was uploaded and noticed that the one that was uploaded was noticeably blurry (a speaker's face in a distance is quite clear in the original but not in the one that is uploaded).

And it would only go up to 480. Maybe if it went up to 720p, it would be clear like the original.

Is there a way to prevent this blurriness? Is there a way for it to have 720p option?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
make it an .avi file shove it in sony vegas render it in ya geforce 999999999999 and boom your done......

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Is it originally 720p? Sometimes it takes YouTube longer to fully render videos to its original resolution. Even then, YouTube compresses uploads and quality tends to degrade. If you want to maintain original quality, you're better off just sending the video file to your family.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Was it blurry right after you uploaded the video? That’s sometimes happens to me right after I upload but it goes back to normal after awhile.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Yves Username

Reaction score
Is it originally 720p? Sometimes it takes YouTube longer to fully render videos to its original resolution. Even then, YouTube compresses uploads and quality tends to degrade. If you want to maintain original quality, you're better off just sending the video file to your family.
I don't know if it was originally 720p, all I know is when I compare the one in YouTube and the original file side by side, the original file is definitely better.[DOUBLEPOST=1533772348,1533772301][/DOUBLEPOST]
Was it blurry right after you uploaded the video? That’s sometimes happens to me right after I upload but it goes back to normal after awhile.
It's permanently blurry. It's not noticeable by itself, but when you look at the original recording it's noticeable.[DOUBLEPOST=1533772402][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why does it do that? There are many modern videos with 720 or 1080 resolutions, why won't it let me upload an old video in its original quality?[DOUBLEPOST=1533772540][/DOUBLEPOST]
make it an .avi file shove it in sony vegas render it in ya geforce 999999999999 and boom your done......
Does it really work? But what does "ya geforce 99999...." mean?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Why does it do that? There are many modern videos with 720 or 1080 resolutions, why won't it let me upload an old video in its original quality?
It's more cost-effective. YouTube isn't going to just allow a bunch of raw files that take many times more in size to be uploaded onto their servers.

Yves Username

Reaction score
It's more cost-effective. YouTube isn't going to just allow a bunch of raw files that take many times more in size to be uploaded onto their servers.
Why are they letting other YouTubers uploading modern videos upload in 1080p or 720p while the old video that I'm trying to upload goes only up to 480 while the quality suffer?