I thought I was doing something right, but... am I?

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's possible your recent videos are games that draw little or no interest. Instead of trying to figure out if you did something wrong, look at your top viewed videos and see if you can figure out what you did right. I know you said before that you don't like being on camera, but you may want to consider doing a face cam episode once a week since your test was so successful.

January is a low earnings month. It doesn't mean views are down for everyone. For us, it means we are holding back on releasing some videos that we think will do really well-we will put them up when ads start paying more. But it doesn't mean we are sitting back and waiting. This has been our busiest month for collaboration projects and it will probably end up being our best month for subs/views (and one of the worst for money). January is interesting because you get to see how everyone reacts. With very little money being tossed around by advertisers, you get to see who gets lazy because the pay is low, and who steps up and puts effort into their channel even though they might only get half of their normal revenue.

Reactions: Michael

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Try making your videos a little shorter maybe? Just for a while at least, but continue to put out content and you'll get those views, likes and subs back :)
My videos are usually about 4-5 minutes long. Any shorter and they wouldn't exist hehehe.

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, here's a tiny bit of advice. Do your thing and step away from the numbers. I only look at the numbers on a schedule because watching that stuff all the time was driving me crazy. I focus on making better content and figure that stuff will work itself out. Try looking at your stats every two week or once per month so you can't keep that stuff in perspective. Oh, and if you're that concerned that you're doing something wrong ask your subs what they want to see from your channel and consider, and I mean just consider, their ideas because you have to be true to yourself and frankly folks don't always know what they want.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Frankie, you're a little spoiled by stellar results early on. Those are some phenominal subscriber numbers in a very short period of time.

You could also check analytics to see if the lost subscribers are due to account closure.

At the end of the day, losing a few subscribers here or there isn't a big deal.

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've read that Jan and Feb are 'slow months'. I wouldn't be too concerned.

I've also had a bit of a nose dive this month.
Nov and Dec were my best months to date and my earnings for these months had been the highest I've ever had. This month I'm on target for earning half of what I did last month!
I'm just putting it down to a slow month - maybe people are busy playing with their new Xmas gifts, or getting stuck into their new year fitness resolutions!!

Sanuku

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To realize why and where you are losing subscriber is pretty easy since YouTube is offering you a Analytics Tool which you can find below the Subscribers Drop Down Menu (Analytics -> Engagement Reports -> Subscribers).

The Subscribers report contains details about how you’ve gained and lost subscribers across different content, locations and dates. Subscribers are consistently more engaged with your content and watch your videos on a regular basis. This section helps you understand your effectiveness at building a base of subscribers, spot videos which drove subscriptions and unsubscriptions, and identify locations where your content is particularly popular.
It should look similar to this One:

With it you should be able to track down very easy if it was your new Content that did scare those subscriber away or just a few closed YouTube Accounts that YouTube had removed from your Account.​
Hint:​
It`s also an very good indicator to see which Videos did brought you a lot new subscriber and which don`t ;-)​
Source:​

Tyler Rand

My Mind is a Strange Place to Visit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey! One thing I might suggest is shorten your videos in length to 5 min max. When you cut people off their interest in you isn't fully achieved, which will then lead to them watching several of your videos instead of getting bored of just one (or having their fill of you, per say..yeah.) Be chipper :) Keep your chin up. Remember to ALWAYS keep your chin up, even when the trolliest of trolls comes your way ;). If you need anything, or if you find yourself in a slump again just email me and we can talk!
TylerRandisaCrazyPerson (at) gmail (dot) com
Cheers, and keep up the great work. I like your videos!
-Tyler

Hope Nafr

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yt might be doing a closed account sweep. Usually when that happens I lose about 3-5