I thought I was doing something right, but... am I?

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
In the last 12 hours I've lost 3 subscribers without gaining a single one. If you look at my socialblade stats of the last few days you'll see why I am concerned:

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/frankiegirlgamer

My views have also taken a massive nosedive. Especially on the newer videos (in the sense that the new ones alone used to get approx 100 views in the first 24 hours, but now are struggling to make it to 50 views in that time).

That's made it clear to me that people are losing interest in my channel, but so far I've only had nice comments and lots of likes on my videos! Can someone give me some hints and tips as to what I might've started (or continued) doing wrong?

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
I have no idea.. I think you do a great channel. It might be just a slump.. Don't lose heart.

GoHan.

Dat YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Give up because losing subscribers and have less views isn't good. Just have fun and this is how YouTube works. You gain and lose, nothing you can do about it.

Reactions: JohnKenShow

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Give up because losing subscribers and have less views isn't good. Just have fun and this is how YouTube works. You gain and lose, nothing you can do about it.
All the same, I was asking for pointers, not pointless sarcasm :)[DOUBLEPOST=1358587955,1358587897][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's january (Blame everything on the month!)
Is January some kind of 'low' month on YT then? I've heard something vaguely mentioned before but wasn't really sure whether they were talking about earnings on partnerships.

Reactions: Talooka

lolzcraig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Try making your videos a little shorter maybe? Just for a while at least, but continue to put out content and you'll get those views, likes and subs back :)

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
As for the subscriber losses, don't worry about it. You had a period of really huge growth at the beginning of the month and there are always a few people who subscribe that are actually on the fence or change their minds about a channel.

You gained 170 subscribers so far this month, and then lost 3 of them. That's a 1.76% dropoff, which is far from something to worry about. :D

I'm not so sure about the view count, since that's always fluctuating more. There may be a slight trend favoring your videos with "drunk" in the title...

Carl Hinton

Loving The Gameplay
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Keep on going, Frankie, love your videos !

Maybe you could do some collab's? Your style would lend itself to having someone else with you occasionally, just make sure they have a decent mic :)

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
All the same, I was asking for pointers, not pointless sarcasm :)[DOUBLEPOST=1358587955,1358587897][/DOUBLEPOST]

Is January some kind of 'low' month on YT then? I've heard something vaguely mentioned before but wasn't really sure whether they were talking about earnings on partnerships.
January is that year everyone is busy with their new years resolution. No one really want to spend money etc and I see my views are below avarage.

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Youtube goes in ups and downs. Just ride the wave.