I think youtube just change the Algorithm again

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So after some heavy research i have learned that after sometime youtube will take your viral videos off suggested, this has a domino effect as the rest of your material will not get anymore traffic.
Seems they did just that to me, once my main video gets taken down from suggested the rest suffers (obviously).
Sadly i don't think ill ever know why they would take down a video earning 1k+ a day.

JustAndy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I seriously hate how Youtube are strangling us from progressing

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
So after some heavy research i have learned that after sometime youtube will take your viral videos off suggested
Out of interest, what was the source of that research? Do you have a link?

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
So after some heavy research i have learned that after sometime youtube will take your viral videos off suggested, this has a domino effect as the rest of your material will not get anymore traffic.
Seems they did just that to me, once my main video gets taken down from suggested the rest suffers (obviously).
Sadly i don't think ill ever know why they would take down a video earning 1k+ a day.
I haven't heard that. Troubling considering my 3k views a day are from 3-4 vids. Where'd you read this?

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Out of interest, what was the source of that research? Do you have a link?
I basically used a combination of you tube analytics and social blade to determine what happened.
Starting off with my Analytics and discarding the possibility that my channel being "punished" for being taken out of youtube kids and such but i was never in it and my audience is mainly older people around later 20s to early 30s wish is my targeted audience.All videos are moderately pg and Fbombs are usually bleept out so my channel really did not violate any TOS. Video age can also be discarded as the Most popular video is only 4 years old and still was getting plenty of traffic.It really came down to suggested and video visibility.

There seems to be a new minecraft series that its performing well, bumping down some of the "evergreen" videos that are in this sections. It really all came down to being on the first page. If youre videos rank high enough to be on an evergreen list first page you videos will for ever get steady views until you move to second page, this seems to create domino effect were as the Main viral video no longer is no the first page the links towards other videos stop showing up as much due to lower watch time.
We can reverse engineer this to determine the damned bots action.

Seems it likes to take video down on groups.It grabs what ever video has more views per minute and depending on how fast it grows in the first few days/day?
So video with less views (15k) and a higher Views per-minute/watching per-minute Will overtake a video with 500k+ views with slightly less Views per-minute/watching per-minute.

Scoring lower than first page will also effect the recommended views, the bot will always prioritize new over old even if old has its roots set in. It will also calculate the amount of Views per-minute/watching per-minute over a long period to determine wish video "might" be more successful overtime, but it only reads the current present date info, making a horrible assumption in intervals of 1 to 3 months. Once it determines if it was wrong or not it will "re-arrange" the first page with new videos "it thinks" will perform well in the long run.

This proves that total views are a minor factor when it comes to ranking videos.

It also seems to be rather specific, my videos are called evil elmo in... (w/e i make up) the videos that took over are called we found evil elmo in minecraft
Keep in mind the mincraft ones are aimed towards kids and mine are not...so somehow algorithm also does not care about audience targeted demographic and just goes for w/e is new and shiny meaning it will give priority to children's content in certain subjects.

Keep in mind this is all speculations biased don the information i have, but it does gives u an insight on how the bot thinks.I have been watching this page for the past 4 years and until now there was almost no change to it.

Last edited: