I think youtube just change the Algorithm again

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess YT doesn't like the Evil Elmo! heh

I haven't seen any changes on my vids though.

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a similar situation here. Since my account has been demonitized, my views are getting in very slowly. You think there's a link?
if my account would of gotten demonetized i would of understood. But look at this:
upload_2018-3-9_13-56-28.png

You think there's a link? hard to tell at least from my analytics. They all show that on the 28th things just majorly dropped. After that is just kept going down but i did went to each and every one of the videos that my vids where being suggested because its related... and they are all gone. Youtube took my vids from suggested all together. My vids are not being suggested to anyone unless its my own videos series.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I mean the algorithm could have changed a BIG bit since the demonetization. Like removing a block from a tower! Perhaps everything is rescrambled?

Parcel

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think I can see why.

Just watched your
Evil Elmo in... Pokemon Go
video

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
good to know im not alone on this. I've had 2 major spikes in my views the first came the day of the partnership programmes ammendments (20th of Feb) where overnight I went from an average view duration of 3 minutes 30 (Which I considered pretty good) to 30 seconds. it stayed like that for 2 days. slowly climbed back up to 3 minutes up till last friday when I got nurf'd again. now im pulling in an audience view duration of just under a minute and my views have pretty much disintigrated...also since the swap over on the 20th of Feb all my demographics have been screwed. it just says theres no info available on everything apart from views and view duration...

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
CrazFrank said:
from 25k+ views a day to less than 500
Social blade doesn't corroborate that number.

But what you should do is verify all the sources of traffic for the popular elmo vids. If it's only a drop in suggested, it's algorithm purely. My initial thought is that YT (after all the pedo toy channels drama) is trying to cut back on suggesting that sort of video and you got caught up in it.

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that a channel's growth is largely the hostage to the algorithm.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Which is the more reason for youtubers should save their video files after uploading them to youtube as well as a website or blog where they post their videos on....because youtube can do whatever they like its their platform you can't do anything about it other than wait and hope the mistake is rectified.LOL

Reactions: CrazFrank

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think I can see why.

Just watched your
Evil Elmo in... Pokemon Go
video
My channel has an Elmo skit/parody section that its the most popular one. But i dont understand what do you mean by "i see why". The channel was never a kids channel and it does not infringe on any copyright as its a parody. And if that is the case then this look up "are you super cereal" channel.
[DOUBLEPOST=1521146561,1521146349][/DOUBLEPOST]
Social blade doesn't corroborate that number.

But what you should do is verify all the sources of traffic for the popular elmo vids. If it's only a drop in suggested, it's algorithm purely. My initial thought is that YT (after all the pedo toy channels drama) is trying to cut back on suggesting that sort of video and you got caught up in it.
Here are my Demographics upload_2018-3-15_16-38-43.png
My audience are NOT kids.
I agree, i said the numbers off my mind, but it use to average from 15k "wish is what i should of say" to 500 views. Still a major drop and as i posted above. my videos were being recommended to a mature audience, a minority were kids.So the kids theory does not quite add up but i will deffinitelly check that suggested stat you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: