I think the best way to get more subs and views would be to...

Patrick Harris

You see what I did there?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Lets face it, sites like this one exist so that the little YouTuber can network better, to get to know other people who are hoping to get views and subs. We all want to move up on YouTube, to get more attention, but I think the problem is no one is really willing to give the attention necessary.

Whenever I get a new subscriber, I immediately check out that person's channel and send them a private message to thank them for taking the time to watch me. I mean, with all the content thats out there, it means a lot that someone would take time out of their day to see what I have to say. So I think the least I can do is drop them a line saying so. I also reply to EVERY comment I get on a video. Its just my way of saying "thanks" and that I noticed someone took the time to check me out.

Heres what I propose...

EVERYONE do that! If you check me out and leave me a comment, I will leave you one. Simple as that. Am I suggesting that you sub to EVERYBODY? Of course not, but if you take the time to watch a few of their videos, you just may find that they have similar interests. Everyone posts something saying "watch my video" or "subscribe to my channel", but are you doing the same?

I haven't been on this site very long, but I have found at least 3 YouTubers who interest me since I have. I have subscribed to their channel, found them on Twitter and Facebook (if they had one), and thumbs up a couple videos. Its time everyone did the same. Sure its nice if you post a reply HERE on this site, but it doesn't really contribute to the person's channel. Go to their site directly and tell them what you think. Even if you don't like the video, drop them a line and let them know that. The only way to improve is by getting the advice and opinions of others.

The link to my channel is right here, and there is even a video embedded here for you to check out. If you see something you like, tell me. If you didn't like it, tell me that, too. But you have my word that ANYONE who says ANYTHING about my video and channel WILL get a response. I think we should all have that attitude. The smaller YouTubers need to stick together the way the larger, partnered channels do.

Thoughts?

Pirate Hurrdurr

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think this idea needs some refinement. I think that there should be categories so it's easier to find all gaming channels and comedy channels on YTT. Also I expect an average person to only want to be watched and never give. I already see people with only 2 videos who do not even exist for a month wanting more attention than the hard working 100+ video channel.

I just had an idea and I think you might be in for it as well. I am going to make a thread, gamers leave their channels behind and I make a video review of their channel. Giving them my opinion based on their quality. My harsh, but hopefully meaningful opinion (or only positive commentary). You might want to take this idea and make it applicable to comedy.
I am going to make a thread right now. Make videos just for YTT :)

PS: I loved the video in your signature, I was watching it with my headphones on but I had to stop when the dogs came on screen. Not a family friendly show ;)

the9one8

www.youtube.com/the9one8
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Lets face it, sites like this one exist so that the little YouTuber can network better, to get to know other people who are hoping to get views and subs. We all want to move up on YouTube, to get more attention, but I think the problem is no one is really willing to give the attention necessary.

Whenever I get a new subscriber, I immediately check out that person's channel and send them a private message to thank them for taking the time to watch me. I mean, with all the content thats out there, it means a lot that someone would take time out of their day to see what I have to say. So I think the least I can do is drop them a line saying so. I also reply to EVERY comment I get on a video. Its just my way of saying "thanks" and that I noticed someone took the time to check me out.

Heres what I propose...

EVERYONE do that! If you check me out and leave me a comment, I will leave you one. Simple as that. Am I suggesting that you sub to EVERYBODY? Of course not, but if you take the time to watch a few of their videos, you just may find that they have similar interests. Everyone posts something saying "watch my video" or "subscribe to my channel", but are you doing the same?

I haven't been on this site very long, but I have found at least 3 YouTubers who interest me since I have. I have subscribed to their channel, found them on Twitter and Facebook (if they had one), and thumbs up a couple videos. Its time everyone did the same. Sure its nice if you post a reply HERE on this site, but it doesn't really contribute to the person's channel. Go to their site directly and tell them what you think. Even if you don't like the video, drop them a line and let them know that. The only way to improve is by getting the advice and opinions of others.

The link to my channel is right here, and there is even a video embedded here for you to check out. If you see something you like, tell me. If you didn't like it, tell me that, too. But you have my word that ANYONE who says ANYTHING about my video and channel WILL get a response. I think we should all have that attitude. The smaller YouTubers need to stick together the way the larger, partnered channels do.

Thoughts?
I agree 100% with you. I always comment back when someone takes the time to watch and comment on my videos. Of course I came to this site to help get noticed, but I also love finding new content. If someone uploads a single video that I like, I subscribe. I don't expect to like everything everyone puts out, but if there is 1 thing, my sub has been earned. (Which is why you got such a fast sub; I liked the first video I watched)
The other thing is, I try to stay up to date with the channels I sub to. Sometimes it isn't immediate, as I have a life and family outside of youtube, but when I sub a channel and a new vid comes out, I watch it and rate it and if I have something to say, I comment.
This is a network and we all need to help each other out. Yes we all want watched and subbed, but you can't expect it if you are not willing to give it too.

I'm here for the long haul and like I said yesterday, us smaller youtubers will rise up and overthrow as long as we do stick together.:)

GuerrillaDayProject

Guerrilla Day Players
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We agree with the concept of supporting artists in a similar place. The practice of commenting on a video after watching it is a courtesy that can make or break a YouTube Career®. Cross promotion has been our earnest pursuit lately, as we realized that our reach with a singular video was limited as we continued to produce more unprecedented material. It's not everyday that someone types "Hobo Resources Department" or "Super Wicked Love" into the search engines, so our best shots at making an audience laugh are Guaranteed Google Garbage™. More so we find that producers that laugh at our sketches, have already a draw of their own that thinks similarly, so that kind of exposure can only lead to returning subscribers. We're always open to cross promotion, but we ask that a producer meet us on the level rather than ask for a Box4Box exchange. Response Videos to our material are always welcome, but we do create opportunities for easier collaborations, where the concept is tested or the video's even released. Channels that make those efforts are rare, but worthwhile-- the9one8 outperformed us on our own page the week that they took the initiative to plug our absurd dream of YouTube Fame©.
[P.S.-- the9one8: How dare you, create advertising for us... you sell-out-savages.]

Reactions: the9one8

Patrick Harris

You see what I did there?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This is a good idea if only more people were inclined to helping each other out instead of it just being about them and their channel.
thats the plan. Lets get the little guys together and build each other up. Unless you guys want Shane, Fred and RWJ to hog all the spotlight forever.

Reactions: the9one8