I think my channel is attacked by paid views and subs, please help.

HistoryMarche

Reaction score
I could be imagining things but I think someone is trying to sabotage my channel by paying for fake subscribers and/or views. My fear is that YouTube might ban my channel.

Reason for my suspicion - my channel is tiny and I uploaded a video on March 9th. On March 11th a much larger channel uploaded a video on the same topic, and there were a few viewers who commented that they liked my video better or that I somehow spoiled the fun for the other uploader by releasing the video early (despite the fact that in my trailer, one can see that I made the video some 2 months ago but ddn't upload it until March 9th). It appears there is some resentment there, as I was briefly spammed with dislikes on my new video, but then there were comments from viewers about that too, indicating which channel might be spamming me, and it suddenly stopped.

Another reason for the resentment could be that a big YouTuber rejected to collaborate with them some months ago, before I even started my channel. But the same big YouTuber asked me to collaborate with him and we're currently working on a project. They suspected channel knows about this collaboration as it was announced on Twitter.

Then, within the last 5 hours the stats on my channel more than doubled. Note that my first video was published on January 22 2018, I have only 4 videos thus far, it's still a very small channel.

According to SocialBlade my daily average is:
+23 subscribers
+175 views

Today I got:
+159 subs
+ 723 views
most of these were within the past 5 hours, and I only had a small increase in likes.

My newest video had around 850 views up until a few hours ago, and it jumped to over 1600 views within the last 5 hours. Only 20% of the views are subs driven. This trend is highly unusual for my channel, with only 4 videos I get tiny drips of views and subs daily.

Please, what should I do? I've invested months of learning After Effects and in creating my videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1520813592,1520813119][/DOUBLEPOST]For some reason I can't edit my post. So here's the paste here:

EDIT: For the past 5 hours, every 10-15minutes I get some 20-30 views, that alone is way above my daily average.

HistoryMarche

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that's how fake views work. Though I did get like a subscriber each passing minute for a period, and chunks of views in 10-20 minute periods. Also, March 11th still isn't factored into analytics, gotta wait until tonight to confirm 100%. If the average watch time drops drastically, then it's surely fishy imo. My newest video ended up having over 2k views, a huge deal for a small channel like my own - over 1.1k views on that one video in just 5 hours. Thank you for your reply, I'll report back when I see March 11th analytics.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Well, your channel seems interesting enough to warrant for the big sub spike, so I wouldn't be too worried. :)
Sit back, put on sunglasses (even indoors) and just watch the views and subs grow. :dance::cool:

Reactions: HistoryMarche

Emerrias

Reaction score
Given the circumstances you've mentioned, I think the numbers sound legit. ^_^ If it were more exact increments all at the same time (e.g. "5000" subscribers in 10 minutes), I think it'd be a lot fishier...
I agree with this, seems legit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have just checked your channel out and you got some pretty nice videos dude:up2: I dont think you have anything to worry about at all..I dont think anything fishy is going on other than you making great content that is probably being liked and shared:) Keep up the grea work:up2:

HistoryMarche

Reaction score
Wow man, you got some terrific content Dave. Cracked me up. "Control Invironment", :bounce:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I agree that the stats are probably legit. Drama results in attention and that results in views (and subs if the content is good) - It could also be that the algorithm has made the link the between your 2 channels and has started suggesting your videos on their videos. Check your traffic sources.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I checked out your channel the view and the subscribers seems legit to me keep up the good work!:)