i think i'm done chasing the youtube dream

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's not always a bad thing to take a step back from YouTube if you don't feel motivated. I did, and now I'm heading back into the YouTube ring with more motivation then ever before. YouTube can be very frustrating for a small youtuber, especially if you see very little channel growth or no growth at all. While you watch as other small youtubers moving forward. I completely understand that. But don't ever just give up. Maybe take a step back and decide if the content your creating is what your really passionate about. If it is, then think of ways that you can improve on that whether it would be better audio, better video, more editing, or just engaging with your community more.

I was just looking at your channel, are you a gaming news channel or a gaming channel or a news channel? That confused me and that would confuse a lot of people. Secondly, The tags that you put on your video(s) are vague at best if you put any at all. Try putting some keywords from your title in the tags. That would help. Your voice is good for commentary.

Reactions: Scotty Byrd

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Honestly mate keep going, I'm stuck at the moment numbers wise too but if your doing it because you enjoy uploading then there shouldn't be an issue. There is a saying that is amazing.... no matter what happens, KEEP MOVING FORWARD. It fits into this situation extremely well.

So your not getting the views, change things up and keep going, KEEP MOVING FORWARD.
Your not getting subs, enhance the viewer experience and KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

Do this and you'll enjoy it a lot more and who knows may even see a lot more growth!

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If it's the numbers you're concerned about, try learning a little more about thumbnails, titles, and SEO. Yes, YouTube lacks in helping smaller channels, but they certainly won't force feed you everything to help you grow. You also have to put in a little effort yourself. If you give yourself some times to learn these things, you have the potential of being a great channel!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good, move on to better things! Or, slow down, create what you want to create with zero pressure and have fun with it. I do not have a set schedule, upload 1-2 a month and no one ever complains that I don't upload weekly. It is the best hobby in the world if you let it be a hobby. It can also become your main job if you are lucky. But it doesn't have to be.

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
But stilll you'd have to edit it from there, unless he is simply only posting gameplay with no commentary or graphics[DOUBLEPOST=1518204900,1518204492][/DOUBLEPOST]I would say this, brand yourself a bit more. There is no identity to your channel, no distinct logo, banner is way too generic and really out of place, and no thumbnails across the videos, just stills. Work on that, and work on SEO for your videos, titles are short and not descriptive, descriptions are just not there at all, and I can't really see it, but your keywords seem to just not exist either. Dude thats probably a good reason as too why your channel is going no where. When people search or see suggested videos, your stuff is no where to be seen.

How about this, DM on twitter, link is below, of your information tabs for videos, under the video management section. I'll see what I can do about boosting your SEO and I guarantee, if you stick to it, you'll see more growth along the way.
i add my commenary using my a turtle beach headset and my other channel is more seo based and has actual thumbnails its still doing the same with numbers !! honestly haven
t made banners and thumbnails due to my computeer being on the edge of death which is why i'm quiting until i have a macbook with after effects its just going to be a generic channel! id rather just delete my channel and be happy i don't have to worry about family finding me talking s**t on the internet lol[DOUBLEPOST=1518991065][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can do commentary there too! Not graphics though. So I guess you're right :p

but yeah @Scotty Byrd why don't you try out what he said? Branding should help at least a little! The seo stuff too- the whole shabang! YEAH! DO IT! ^_^
i just addd thumbnails after i upload however i just don't feel like making thumbnails lol like my passion for youtube is gone completely i am a full time affiliate marketer so i already spend too much time on my computer to want to mess with my youtube especially since the new ad system is trash lol!! As well my headset broke so i can't add commentary might as well just sell weed llol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If your biggest concern is views, somehow you must edit your video to make it more appealing for the audience. specially the thumbnail and title.

If it’s true like we’re assuming you’re uploading from Xbox directly to youtube no need of editing, then why not Stream it tho? it’ll be automatically uploaded to your channel, I believe there’s feature for it. i’m not familiar with xbox