i think i'm done chasing the youtube dream

Scotty Byrd

honestly after countless issues with youtube the first being they removed the upload to youtube feature which really slowed down my content made me have to use one drive and go through a longer process not only that but my numbers are so low and the more and more i promote the less it feels like it matters i think youtube isn't going to work for me !!

Removed the upload to Youtube feature? How did that come about, that would literally mean no new uploads across the platform. Pretty sure most people edit their videos, then upload from the site, since it is just better optimized, so not sure where this issue is arising from

Removed the upload to Youtube feature? How did that come about, that would literally mean no new uploads across the platform. Pretty sure most people edit their videos, then upload from the site, since it is just better optimized, so not sure where this issue is arising from
I think he is talking for Xbox or something- you know how you can record game play there, right? Maybe you can upload from there too? I don't know, that's my guess.

You could also try with a break and start again when you are more motivated "not only that but my numbers are so low and the more and more i promote the less it feels like it matters".....I have been there to (especially in the beginning it was hard) I had big doubts that my channel had any future at all...I had a short break, changed my concept a little and now it´s going fine.. I don´t upload videos that often (my videos take a long time to make) but I se overall growth..My advice would be to take a small break maybe change perspective a little (if you can)..

I think he is talking for Xbox or something- you know how you can record game play there, right? Maybe you can upload from there too? I don't know, that's my guess.

But stilll you'd have to edit it from there, unless he is simply only posting gameplay with no commentary or graphics[DOUBLEPOST=1518204900,1518204492][/DOUBLEPOST]I would say this, brand yourself a bit more. There is no identity to your channel, no distinct logo, banner is way too generic and really out of place, and no thumbnails across the videos, just stills. Work on that, and work on SEO for your videos, titles are short and not descriptive, descriptions are just not there at all, and I can't really see it, but your keywords seem to just not exist either. Dude thats probably a good reason as too why your channel is going no where. When people search or see suggested videos, your stuff is no where to be seen.

How about this, DM on twitter, link is below, of your information tabs for videos, under the video management section. I'll see what I can do about boosting your SEO and I guarantee, if you stick to it, you'll see more growth along the way.

But stilll you'd have to edit it from there, unless he is simply only posting gameplay with no commentary or graphics[DOUBLEPOST=1518204900,1518204492][/DOUBLEPOST]I would say this, brand yourself a bit more. There is no identity to your channel, no distinct logo, banner is way too generic and really out of place, and no thumbnails across the videos, just stills. Work on that, and work on SEO for your videos, titles are short and not descriptive, descriptions are just not there at all, and I can't really see it, but your keywords seem to just not exist either. Dude thats probably a good reason as too why your channel is going no where. When people search or see suggested videos, your stuff is no where to be seen.

How about this, DM on twitter, link is below, of your information tabs for videos, under the video management section. I'll see what I can do about boosting your SEO and I guarantee, if you stick to it, you'll see more growth along the way.
You can do commentary there too! Not graphics though. So I guess you're right :p

but yeah @Scotty Byrd why don't you try out what he said? Branding should help at least a little! The seo stuff too- the whole shabang! YEAH! DO IT! ^_^

The main way I get traffic is from youtube "suggesting" my video (about %70) after someone watches a video with similar keywords(tags). You have videos with no keywords :) You absolutely can and should go back to your old videos and add some tags that are relevant to the content.

Ex: You have a video called "You Need This Tank !!". It has no tags, and I couldn't even tell it's a GTA video until I checked out the video. It wasn't "enticing" me to see what game I should have a tank in.

You could have put "GTA V - You Need This Tank !!" as the title (I think it's V, but that's why you need to specify). And then in the tags, you could have put:

Ex: Grant Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 5, GTA V, GTA V tank.

If you're not sure what tags ... check out other videos of people playing GTA, and see what tags they're putting. If you don't know how to do that, install "TubeBuddy", it's a Chrome extension. It will show you the tags of other peoples videos that you check out. You can make a free tubebuddy account.

Your thumbnails don't have any text, which can be "ok" if your titles and video descriptions are more detailed. Adding captions to your thumbnails could certainly be more appealing.

You will see a lot more traffic if you focus on getting your titles and tags improved though, as youtube will then start to suggest your videos to people watching similar content.

Good Luck and don't give up. You just need to adjust your methods and you will see better results.

Your best video was a specific topic with a decent title and actually has a thumbnail that makes sense. Gotta make sure you're giving yourself a fair chance by having a thumbnail that looks interesting and making sure your title is interesting and something with less competition that people might search for.

I think the rants have potential because they are specific and can work on trending topics but again make sure your title isn't competing with too many other videos or you probably won't get seen. If it's specific but isn't getting seen then you probably need to go more specific, like rather than how to make money on youtube you could say "how to make money on youtube with affiliate links 2018" and then get additional keywords like "youtube affiliate links 2018" type of thing. That particular sort of video has a lot of competition but your on the right track.

It's definitely a frusturating time of year though... my adsense is down like 60% with similar number of views vs December.

Last edited:
Back