I THINK I HIT A VIRAL VIDEO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I posted a new video on YouTube and Facebook (Directly uploaded it to Facebook with no links to YouTube) on the same day, Yesterday 12/13. The next day, Today 12/14 on YouTube the video only has 100+ views. Facebook has almost 5,000 views! and 37 shares so far.
Let me know what you guys think?[DOUBLEPOST=1513291631,1513288128][/DOUBLEPOST]Funny how you deleted the comment the I wont be paying for upgrades anymore on this site.[DOUBLEPOST=1513292300][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok now you can give me my $6.99 back for the crappy service on this site. PayPal claimed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
wut are your edits about lol. This website is free?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Funny how you deleted the comment the I wont be paying for upgrades anymore on this site
Your thread was edited because it contained promotional material. You may only promote your channel and video content in the "Videos and Channels" forum. With the VIP, you may also include one video in your signature. Aside from linking your channel in your signature (available to all members), all other forms of promotion are against the rules. Buying a more advanced membership, such as the VIP or the Videos Access membership does not give you the ability to break the forum rules.

Here are the forum rules:
http://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-rules-quick-and-easy-to-read.127266/

All membership upgrades on this site do not have to be purchased with real money. All can be purchased with the fake forum money. This thread explains more:
http://yttalk.com/threads/vip-memberships-and-forum-cash.14456/

Ok now you can give me my $6.99 back for the crappy service on this site. PayPal claimed!
I'll tag @Crown to look into this.

Normally I'd say this in a PM, but you've been very vocal about this. Please note that your thread was edited by a staff member because you broke the forum rules. Also, please note this part of the agreement when you purchased a VIP membership:
We reserve the right to cancel any paid VIP Membership without issuing a refund upon breach of the YTtalk terms and rules.
This sentence can be read here:
http://yttalk.com/account/upgrades
You are demanding a refund because you are not allowed to break the forum rules with your VIP. That is not the point of a VIP membership, and the terms of the VIP are stated very clearly in the upgrade page.

Reactions: SidTV

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is literally just "look at my video!!! And nothing to do with strategies or advice.

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is literally just "look at my video!!! And nothing to do with strategies or advice.
No one asked for your opinion[DOUBLEPOST=1513312104,1513312039][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your thread was edited because it contained promotional material. You may only promote your channel and video content in the "Videos and Channels" forum. With the VIP, you may also include one video in your signature. Aside from linking your channel in your signature (available to all members), all other forms of promotion are against the rules. Buying a more advanced membership, such as the VIP or the Videos Access membership does not give you the ability to break the forum rules.

All membership upgrades on this site do not have to be purchased with real money. All can be purchased with the fake forum money. This thread explains more:

Normally I'd say this in a PM, but you've been very vocal about this. Please note that your thread was edited by a staff member because you broke the forum rules. Also, please note this part of the agreement when you purchased a VIP membership:

You are demanding a refund because you are not allowed to break the forum rules with your VIP. That is not the point of a VIP membership, and the terms of the VIP are stated very clearly in the upgrade page.
Ummm I am a paying customer here! Have you heard the customer is always right????[DOUBLEPOST=1513312559][/DOUBLEPOST]

And I have the right to never do business again with this website also That ONLY has gotten me like 30 video views in two years anyway SMFH. I thought I was being supportive but I guess not.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ummm I am a paying customer here! Have you heard the customer is always right????
Yes, I have heard of that -- I have worked in customer service. That concept does not apply to all situations, including the justice system -- or else all prisons would have prison breaks. The staff are here to enforce the forum rules, not let paying customers, or any member, break them.

And I have the right to never do business again with this website also That ONLY has gotten me like 30 video views in two years anyway SMFH. I thought I was being supportive but I guess not.
The point of this forum is to learn how to grow a channel based on the experiences of other YouTubers (many being extremely successful). It's a place to discuss YouTube challenges and algorithm changes with other YouTubers from different channel sizes, experiences, content type, and perspectives. Channel Promotion and "gaining views" from the site isn't the main point of the site -- and it's why we require a "VIP" or "Videos Access" membership to access those particular parts of the forum. If we didn't require a membership for those activities, the forum would be a spammy mess.

The real goldmine at YTtalk is the channel diversity and perspective of our members and their experiences with YouTube, and the articles / tutorials forum (which is free for all to read). It requires you to do the work to read and learn and make decisions for your own channel and content. There is no site outside of YouTube's AdWords program that you can sign up to and magically gain massive amounts of views without violating YouTube's ToS. The system at YTtalk is an avenue for one promote content in a safe way without violating YouTube's ToS -- but it's not the main point of the forum.

And yes, you have the right to leave the forum whenever you wish. No one is here telling you that you need to stay.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes, I have heard of that -- I have worked in customer service. That concept does not apply to all situations, including the justice system -- or else all prisons would have prison breaks. The staff are here to enforce the forum rules, not let paying customers break them.

The point of this forum is to learn how to grow a channel based on the experiences of other YouTubers (many being extremely successful). It's a place to discuss YouTube challenges and algorithm changes with other YouTubers from different channel sizes, experiences, content type, and perspectives. Channel Promotion and "gaining views" from the site isn't the main point of the site -- and it's why we require a "VIP" or "Videos Access" membership to access those particular parts of the forum. If we didn't require a membership for those activities, the forum would be a spammy mess.

The real goldmine at YTtalk is the channel diversity and perspective of our members and their experiences with YouTube, and the articles / tutorials forum (which is free for all to read). It requires you to do the work to read and learn and make decisions for your own channel and content. There is no site outside of YouTube's AdWords program that you can sign up to and magically gain massive amounts of views without violating YouTube's ToS. The system at YTtalk is an avenue for one promote content in a safe way without violating YouTube's ToS -- but it's not the main point of the forum.
Well I was asking people to take a look so they can see the comparison between a real active YouTube and Facebook post. And also it's ridiculous to say Don't post up your video when asking a question isint it the whole point to get views anyway? Who don't want views here??? Your just blocking members from getting a few views. And telling them post down in a DEAD area that no one cares to really look at. Pitching for views to other Youtubers is always a bad idea because they are trying to do the same thing so it most likely will not care to view others channels anyway unless they are gaining something out of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1513313917,1513313727][/DOUBLEPOST]I know how these forums work there's always a "cop" on the beat dying to pull the trigger and ban someone to feel good that they did something for the forum.[DOUBLEPOST=1513313992][/DOUBLEPOST]I at this point I don't care if you delete my account on this forum anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1513314072][/DOUBLEPOST]Meanwhile you want us to post things up on this forum to make this forum huge SMFH[DOUBLEPOST=1513314165][/DOUBLEPOST]So far the ONLY forum crying about it NO other forum is crying and I am no even paying them SMH.[DOUBLEPOST=1513314325][/DOUBLEPOST]You need to change the rules then especially for paying cash customers

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Pitching for views to other Youtubers is always a bad idea because they are trying to do the same thing so it most likely will not care to view others channels anyway unless they are gaining something out of it.
Exactly. Nobody at YTtalk signs up here to watch other people's videos. Some people sign up thinking this is a video dump site and start to spam -- and the staff delete those posts. If you thought this were a video dump site, than surely you would have thought such a site wouldn't bring you many views.

Occasionally a video in someone's signature or the videos/channel forum may catch someone's eye. I personally think the VIP is worth it to add a video to your signature -- that gives you the most exposure out of all our tools, assuming you are an active and positive contributor to the forum. Someone may become curious about your channel and you may find a REAL viewer who is interested in what you are making.

If you read through the tutorials members have made, you will learn that you need to figure out who your audience is, and where they are on the Internet (it's most likely not on YTtalk -- we are here to learn about YouTube, not watch videos from random channels in random niches).

I know how these forums work there's always a "cop" on the beat dying to pull the trigger and ban someone to feel good that they did something for the forum.
I don't know who you are inferring with that, but I actually think I'm actually the softie mod. I hate banning people unless it's one of those robot things that posts a bunch of gibberish spam. That said, although I can and have put up with a bunch of crap in many situations, this site has boundaries and a warning system that I will enforce as necessary.

So far the ONLY forum crying about it
Many forums do not tolerate spam.

You need to change the rules then especially for paying cash customers
As I said, paying customers are not above the forum rules. We are not going to change the rules to allow those with the VIP to not follow the rules.

I think I've explained the concept behind the forum enough, and will now consider any further questions and comments as wasting the staff's time. If you don't like the point of the forum -- to learn about growing a youtube channel and to learn about the algorithm and methods other's have applied to their channel to become successful -- then you have stumbled into the wrong place on the Internet. I suggest finding a subreddit that fits well with your niche if you only wish to promote your content on a forum -- but make sure to follow the subreddit's rules because the reddit staff are generally stricter than the staff of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.