I see only a fragment of my background

Reaction score
Any ideas why on my computer i see only half of my background on either sides? i used the template given here to which i added my stuff, but it doesn't look as it should. Any tips?

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
Your screen resolution is too small.

It's a common mistake done by many people that make youtube backgrounds. You must remember that a lot of people's screen's are not as wide as the resolution of the template. Make the images on the side smaller so that if fits your screen, that way everyone (even people with smaller screens) would be able to see your whole background

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
some people can't see it as their computer screen isnt as wide, the scale is too big to see it on a small monitor

Reactions: TheWhisperingVoice

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Yeah, I used to have that problem, but then I got a full 1920x1080 screen and now I can see it all, its just the resolution :)

Reaction score
Your screen resolution is too small.

It's a common mistake done by many people that make youtube backgrounds. You must remember that a lot of people's screen's are not as wide as the resolution of the template. Make the images on the side smaller so that if fits your screen, that way everyone (even people with smaller screens) would be able to see your whole background

Thank you! I'll give it a try! You're right: my screen resolution is 1280X800

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've got a screen res of 1680 x 1050. My background looks ace on my computer, but on smaller computers most people can't even see that I have a background. This happens when I log on at work :( it's a shame really that YouTube doesn't somehow 'fit' the whole screen in automatically, so to speak.

SaKenMadRaj

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I've got a screen res of 1680 x 1050. My background looks ace on my computer, but on smaller computers most people can't even see that I have a background. This happens when I log on at work :( it's a shame really that YouTube doesn't somehow 'fit' the whole screen in automatically, so to speak.
technically you can adjust your own resolution and get it to fit.. but it looks silly on smaller screens.. just to see the back ground...all your fonts and everything will look tiny..

Reaction score
i did what UltimateKirbyBoi suggested, and now it looks fine on my computer. Thank you everybody for your feedback!!! it really helped!