I received a community guideline strike for no reason. Please help

cosmicvfx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, so today I received an email that basically said I had been given a community guideline strike for having an inappropriate video. The thing is, this video is in no way inappropriate. It was literally just 2 pictures of a Cinema 4D (a 3d software) project file that I created. The images consisted of type which read "Text". A "G" rated movie looks violent in comparison to my video. I really have no idea why this happened.

However, i've been doing a little research and I found something interesting. The video that happened to earn me my strike also happens to be my most viewed video. I've looked up to see if others had similar problems with this and they have. I tried to appeal the strike, but I was denied within five minutes. You guys are my last hope, I don't know what to do at this point.

Thanks for your time!

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@cosmicvfx if the strike was denied then there is not much that you can do besides wait for it to vanish off your account

Cameron484

Penguin's Republic Of Antarctica
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It was possibly an error. Have you tried calling youtube? I am sure they have a support line.

Reactions: cosmicvfx

JohnnyFox

STAY SMOKEY PEOPLE!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, so today I received an email that basically said I had been given a community guideline strike for having an inappropriate video. The thing is, this video is in no way inappropriate. It was literally just 2 pictures of a Cinema 4D (a 3d software) project file that I created. The images consisted of type which read "Text". A "G" rated movie looks violent in comparison to my video. I really have no idea why this happened.

However, i've been doing a little research and I found something interesting. The video that happened to earn me my strike also happens to be my most viewed video. I've looked up to see if others had similar problems with this and they have. I tried to appeal the strike, but I was denied within five minutes. You guys are my last hope, I don't know what to do at this point.

Thanks for your time!
Let's take this one step at a time. Answer these questions for me:

Was there any background music at all (copyright or not copyright)?
Was there any footage from any TV shows, or videos that you don't own completely?
Were there any pictures that were crude, sexual, racist, or derogatory at all as far as you know?
Were the images you used under fair use via the distributor and not copyrighted by a company?

cosmicvfx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@JohnnyFox
there was no background music
No footage from any outside sources
Nothing that could have been possibly crude
And the images that I used were made 100% by me

It boggles me that my appeal was declined

JohnnyFox

STAY SMOKEY PEOPLE!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@JohnnyFox
there was no background music
No footage from any outside sources
Nothing that could have been possibly crude
And the images that I used were made 100% by me

It boggles me that my appeal was declined
Okay. Just to clarify. You are talking about youtube and not here right? Also (just saying) this thread belongs in the copyright section of the forum. You could get more help and answers there.

JohnnyFox

STAY SMOKEY PEOPLE!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@JohnnyFox yeah I am talking about youtube. Oh and thanks for telling be about the copyright thread, I didn't know there was one. (I'm new here)
Nah man it's fine. No worries. Just thought I'd direct you there since it's specified to deal with such issues and you will more answers there that may be helpful. Hopefully you get that resolved though either way!