I Rebranded, How will it affect me?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I rebranded my channel, and in that rebranding, I changed my name. Before I changed it, my name was the same as my previous channel and I didn't feel like it suited the videos I was making. So I changed from Lizzeelive to Shannon Elizabeth, which is my real name. How will this affect my channel? Will people still recognize it is me uploading? The only warning I gave was on twitter... I mean, I only have 12 subscribers, so it won't affect me too much will it?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It will utterly destroy you. Just kidding, with only 12 subs, it won't be a big deal (no offense, you're just starting). I would suggest a video to announce that. Especially for larger channels.

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, you'll be fine. I don't see any harm coming from that.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Branding discussion forum. =)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
better to figure out your branding and name right before than later if and when you gain a bigger audience.
I agree. Since I am not a large channel yet, and maybe never will be, its better to figure it out now...

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I did the same thing and I'm very happy with my decision. I figured people would rather connect with a person more than a brand. Plus, I'm not locked into doing any certain content. I've started out very niche and plan to cover much broader topics over time. Not to mention, I may mix in some of the other fun things I do like whitewater kayaking. :)

Good luck with the new channel!