I post quality videos, and can’t seem to get my desired amount of views.

MZ-101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to post consistently about gaming news, mostly Battlefield news. They were alright, and they did get views, especially the ones posted right around the period of a new release. Reviews gets me to the 1000, or so views. However, I got bored of them, and the views I got, despite the how high the views were, they resulted in mediocre, to no new subscriptions. Plus, they were so time consuming! I have to compete with large gaming YouTube channels, and beat them in quality and consistency. I could, and I did, but it wasn’t worth it. So, I decided to change it up.

I love cinematic videos, and commentaries with great topics. So, I mixed both, and that’s my channel basically now. It’s brilliant. You can check. I make a video every 2 weeks or so, and almost every one has a unique cinematic intro. People love them, but the lack of consistency, meant low views, which should mean low engagement, but its the opposite! People started to subscribe, however, the views dwindled to 10 - 50 views, and things have started to get depressing again. You can check my channel, and let me know if I’m doing things wrong. I’m pretty sure I’m not. So, let me know what I can do. Thanks!

Reactions: NAMI

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Everything I am about to say is my humble opinion as a Youtube viewer. Feel free to disagree at any point and please don't take anything personally, as it is never my intention to insult:

Compliments on the video and voice quality. Even though I think it's not hard to get good video and voice quality nowadays, tons of people still mess it up, so props for getting it right. That being said..

Your cinematics are not bad, but brilliant? Not even close to anything like that imo. I think they are too basic and lack something that hooks people in. I had that feeling with your last 3 videos. The cinematics were just boring. In some cases I would dare to say that they drive away viewers. You make people sit through a 2 minute MGSV cinematic before you even introduce the topic that you are going to discuss. Your cinematic drained me and by the time you started talking I was already pretty much gone. I think your idea of having custom cinematics for every video is great, but they need to be better, short and have more hooking power if you are going to combine them with your opinion video concept.

Secondly, a good discussion/opinion video triggers a response in people and you are not doing that. Numbers just don't lie in these cases. Your last 3 videos had 2 responses total from the same guy and they were never about the contents of the video. 55 views across the 3 videos and nobody cared enough to comment. That means that you are not triggering people to respond. Think of different ways to trigger people, to get a response out of them. You know your audience best, so make use of that.

Lastly: either drop the music from your videos or make the volume lower. You and the music were competing for my attention, which is a bad thing if your entire video is centered around you getting your opinion across. I actually stopped listening to you and just enjoyed the tunes at some point.

I hope you found some of this useful and good luck on the channel.

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
clicking on your most recent video. im not going to say that you didnt put effort into that intro, im just not sure what it has to do with the video. 2 minutes in and the video hasnt started yet, I wouldve already clicked off if I wasnt doing a review

also it probably has something to do with your tags, while your video (just based on the title I havent gotten to the commentary) is political alot of your tags are trying to compete in the game news/metal gear search and it will likely lose. Im not saying you shouldnt include those tags but you should lean more on the political side for your tags.

skipping to the commentary. and the first thing your talking about is being a gamer for 15 years or w.e

Im not trying to be harsh or mean. Just imagine Me or someone somehow stumbling across this video in the search results for w.e I looked up. I click on the video, and maybe the intro is in some way tied to the topic but I cant find that, Assuming I didnt click off in the first 2 minutes and the first thing you start talking about is how much of a gamer you are. In a pretty monotone voice. I didnt really feel like watching the video after 3 minutes.

I made some suggestions for why people might not find the video but hopefully you can understand why some people might not stick around and watch the whole thing. you need to be a bit more engaging and make people feel like ther'ye not being strung along until the actual topic is brought up.

and not everyone has a cinematic intro. I used to watch alot of political videos, gaming related or not, and none of them had an intro like yours, or one that lasted more than a few seconds. Not even the long 1 hour commentary videos on like game design that I used to watch.

CamTheCoolness

Reaction score
I have been having issues as well with my channel in my opinion just keep making videos this stuff takes time i have been consistently uploading a new video everyday and i get almost 10-30 views each vid with no new subs and i don't have a active viewers either i love youtube but it is a struggle

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Interesting content. Well thought out and good production values. I agree your intros are killing you. Cut that stuff waaaaay down, and maybe even include a brief dialogue intro before going into an intro.

MZ-101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Everything I am about to say is my humble opinion as a Youtube viewer. Feel free to disagree at any point and please don't take anything personally, as it is never my intention to insult:

Compliments on the video and voice quality. Even though I think it's not hard to get good video and voice quality nowadays, tons of people still mess it up, so props for getting it right. That being said..

Your cinematics are not bad, but brilliant? Not even close to anything like that imo. I think they are too basic and lack something that hooks people in. I had that feeling with your last 3 videos. The cinematics were just boring. In some cases I would dare to say that they drive away viewers. You make people sit through a 2 minute MGSV cinematic before you even introduce the topic that you are going to discuss. Your cinematic drained me and by the time you started talking I was already pretty much gone. I think your idea of having custom cinematics for every video is great, but they need to be better, short and have more hooking power if you are going to combine them with your opinion video concept.

Secondly, a good discussion/opinion video triggers a response in people and you are not doing that. Numbers just don't lie in these cases. Your last 3 videos had 2 responses total from the same guy and they were never about the contents of the video. 55 views across the 3 videos and nobody cared enough to comment. That means that you are not triggering people to respond. Think of different ways to trigger people, to get a response out of them. You know your audience best, so make use of that.

Lastly: either drop the music from your videos or make the volume lower. You and the music were competing for my attention, which is a bad thing if your entire video is centered around you getting your opinion across. I actually stopped listening to you and just enjoyed the tunes at some point.

I hope you found some of this useful and good luck on the channel.
I don't get insulted that easily. Unless mothers are involved, haha. However, you've made some seriously good points. Although, a a response to them is, with the Metal Gear video, I just started experimenting with it's weird Free cam system. So, I went a bit overboard, however, what constitutes as a great cinematic, or brilliant? I think it was enjoyable. The idea of it is it was something forgotten, like the song. Which happens to be MGSV's theme, and also the topic at hand. When I showed just the cinematic to people, they thought it was a new trailer for the game.

Regardless, I know the last three were a bit boring, Cinematic intro wise, or maybe dragging is a better term. Except for the Battlefront II one, though. I liked that one. However, earlier work might be more enjoyable to you. I always try to keep the intro under 45 secs. I won't link them, but you should try the "Commander mode in BF1" video, or "BF1 is not dying" video before it. Let me know what do you think.

I get your points, and I am not as easily offended by them. Anyone that does clearly cares more about ego, but I've watched enough "Gaming Cinematic" videos to get a sense of scale, and while I'm not close to someone as good as "HoodooOperator", shooting a good cinematic is about Camera framing, music, tone & mood, and if you're saying that I'm not conveying that in my channel. Then, I've failed. IF you, someone wanting to watch this channel as a critic, says that my cinematic are not nearly as close to brilliant, then I was deluded, by some great comments and responses in my earlier videos. However, that can't be the case, because whatever little viewers I have, seem to watch a great chunk of the video.

As for the rest of the video, your complaint was music. I though I've chosen the right volume to make them compliment my tone. Clearly, I didn't. I'll drop them down a bit more. .[DOUBLEPOST=1514695983,1514695251][/DOUBLEPOST]
clicking on your most recent video. im not going to say that you didnt put effort into that intro, im just not sure what it has to do with the video. 2 minutes in and the video hasnt started yet, I wouldve already clicked off if I wasnt doing a review

also it probably has something to do with your tags, while your video (just based on the title I havent gotten to the commentary) is political alot of your tags are trying to compete in the game news/metal gear search and it will likely lose. Im not saying you shouldnt include those tags but you should lean more on the political side for your tags.

skipping to the commentary. and the first thing your talking about is being a gamer for 15 years or w.e

Im not trying to be harsh or mean. Just imagine Me or someone somehow stumbling across this video in the search results for w.e I looked up. I click on the video, and maybe the intro is in some way tied to the topic but I cant find that, Assuming I didnt click off in the first 2 minutes and the first thing you start talking about is how much of a gamer you are. In a pretty monotone voice. I didnt really feel like watching the video after 3 minutes.

I made some suggestions for why people might not find the video but hopefully you can understand why some people might not stick around and watch the whole thing. you need to be a bit more engaging and make people feel like ther'ye not being strung along until the actual topic is brought up.

and not everyone has a cinematic intro. I used to watch alot of political videos, gaming related or not, and none of them had an intro like yours, or one that lasted more than a few seconds. Not even the long 1 hour commentary videos on like game design that I used to watch.
I think with the majority of people here complain about the intro cinematic length. I think context matters here. I've went out on a limb in my last three videos, and increased the length. People were complimenting me about them, and I got a bit carried away with the "intro slider", so to speak. Cranking it way up. However, context matters in another way here. I am not a political channel. I don't discuss them in a regular basis, but I did bring up this topic, and so I immediately made the impression of being a political commentator. Context...

Moreover, you spoke about my tags, so I'll work on them. Maybe, you've got a suggestion, and what do you recommend I should do to be more engaging? Constantly ask the viewer for the opinion is the first that pops to mind, or do you mean like graphics? You know, "What do you think?" banners, or "Like, comment and share" type of banners. I don't know. Reading the responses here, its pretty depressing. I'm not a child, I can handle truth bombs, but it seems what everyone (not including friends who just want to butter me up) is saying were just false. My videos aren't that good, and they're not up to par. Anyhow... Thanks for the response.[DOUBLEPOST=1514696709][/DOUBLEPOST]A lot of you have left great responses. I just woke up so, my brain is kinda' booting up, so excuse me if there is any spelling mistakes. I don't think that you've gotten the right impression about my channel. I still think the cinematic introductions are brilliant, despite what some might not consider them as such. However, I also, know that if someone don't consider them as good, then I need to listen to him more so, than who likes them. I invite everyone to give my channel a second pass. Try the older content. 4-6 videos in my uploads tab. See if they are better, if you thought the intros are dragging. Lastly, Please do give me a comparative example to what constitutes as a brilliant cinematic. I compare my videos to great like "HoodooOperator", and I know I pale in that comparison, but not by a long shot. So, tell me what makes my videos less than brilliant, and what contrasting video made you say that. Thanks, again guys!

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't get insulted that easily. Unless mothers are involved, haha. However, you've made some seriously good points. Although, a a response to them is, with the Metal Gear video, I just started experimenting with it's weird Free cam system. So, I went a bit overboard, however, what constitutes as a great cinematic, or brilliant? I think it was enjoyable. The idea of it is it was something forgotten, like the song. Which happens to be MGSV's theme, and also the topic at hand. When I showed just the cinematic to people, they thought it was a new trailer for the game.

Regardless, I know the last three were a bit boring, Cinematic intro wise, or maybe dragging is a better term. Except for the Battlefront II one, though. I liked that one. However, earlier work might be more enjoyable to you. I always try to keep the intro under 45 secs. I won't link them, but you should try the "Commander mode in BF1" video, or "BF1 is not dying" video before it. Let me know what do you think.

I get your points, and I am not as easily offended by them. Anyone that does clearly cares more about ego, but I've watched enough "Gaming Cinematic" videos to get a sense of scale, and while I'm not close to someone as good as "HoodooOperator", shooting a good cinematic is about Camera framing, music, tone & mood, and if you're saying that I'm not conveying that in my channel. Then, I've failed. IF you, someone wanting to watch this channel as a critic, says that my cinematic are not nearly as close to brilliant, then I was deluded, by some great comments and responses in my earlier videos. However, that can't be the case, because whatever little viewers I have, seem to watch a great chunk of the video.

As for the rest of the video, your complaint was music. I though I've chosen the right volume to make them compliment my tone. Clearly, I didn't. I'll drop them down a bit more. .[DOUBLEPOST=1514695983,1514695251][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think with the majority of people here complain about the intro cinematic length. I think context matters here. I've went out on a limb in my last three videos, and increased the length. People were complimenting me about them, and I got a bit carried away with the "intro slider", so to speak. Cranking it way up. However, context matters in another way here. I am not a political channel. I don't discuss them in a regular basis, but I did bring up this topic, and so I immediately made the impression of being a political commentator. Context...

Moreover, you spoke about my tags, so I'll work on them. Maybe, you've got a suggestion, and what do you recommend I should do to be more engaging? Constantly ask the viewer for the opinion is the first that pops to mind, or do you mean like graphics? You know, "What do you think?" banners, or "Like, comment and share" type of banners. I don't know. Reading the responses here, its pretty depressing. I'm not a child, I can handle truth bombs, but it seems what everyone (not including friends who just want to butter me up) is saying were just false. My videos aren't that good, and they're not up to par. Anyhow... Thanks for the response.[DOUBLEPOST=1514696709][/DOUBLEPOST]A lot of you have left great responses. I just woke up so, my brain is kinda' booting up, so excuse me if there is any spelling mistakes. I don't think that you've gotten the right impression about my channel. I still think the cinematic introductions are brilliant, despite what some might not consider them as such. However, I also, know that if someone don't consider them as good, then I need to listen to him more so, than who likes them. I invite everyone to give my channel a second pass. Try the older content. 4-6 videos in my uploads tab. See if they are better, if you thought the intros are dragging. Lastly, Please do give me a comparative example to what constitutes as a brilliant cinematic. I compare my videos to great like "HoodooOperator", and I know I pale in that comparison, but not by a long shot. So, tell me what makes my videos less than brilliant, and what contrasting video made you say that. Thanks, again guys!
listen, im not saying the cinematic arent good, or w.e, and having just checked out hoop and his channel just seems to be just that, those well edited videos, no theme, no topic to be discussed, no commentary, im clicking on the video just to watch a nicely edited video. im clicking on YOUR video to hear about political correctness in gaming and im hit with something that seemingly has nothing to do with the video/topic. if you want to include that stuff then atleast make it related to the video in some way. no one wants to watch a science video where the first 3 minutes are edited footage of puppies. It confuses people and they'd click off and go to the video right above yours.

also having watched one of your older videos titled "the next battlefield" it was shorter yes. but it started to drag on and i wasnt even sure if there would be commentary, i started getting the impression this was just edited footage of w.e battlefield game is "next". and was ready to click off. Sometimes I just want to get into the actual discussion of the videos. things like that to me are fluff, sometimes you go "wow that looks nice" and other times "gee how long is this". and to keep someone waiting the actually video should be good enough to make the wait worth it. when total biscuit and some other channels have these long animated intro's i sit through them because I know im in for a good time.

idk if the part about being more engaging was towards me but my advice for being more engaging is to try and sound s a bit more lively. listening to you talk for the few seconds I did you were pretty monotone and a bit hard to listen to. having watched a few other videos you seem to consistently sound like that

MZ-101

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
listen, im not saying the cinematic arent good, or w.e, and having just checked out hoop and his channel just seems to be just that, those well edited videos, no theme, no topic to be discussed, no commentary, im clicking on the video just to watch a nicely edited video. im clicking on YOUR video to hear about political correctness in gaming and im hit with something that seemingly has nothing to do with the video/topic. if you want to include that stuff then atleast make it related to the video in some way. no one wants to watch a science video where the first 3 minutes are edited footage of puppies. It confuses people and they'd click off and go to the video right above yours.

also having watched one of your older videos titled "the next battlefield" it was shorter yes. but it started to drag on and i wasnt even sure if there would be commentary, i started getting the impression this was just edited footage of w.e battlefield game is "next". and was ready to click off. Sometimes I just want to get into the actual discussion of the videos. things like that to me are fluff, sometimes you go "wow that looks nice" and other times "gee how long is this". and to keep someone waiting the actually video should be good enough to make the wait worth it. when total biscuit and some other channels have these long animated intro's i sit through them because I know im in for a good time.

idk if the part about being more engaging was towards me but my advice for being more engaging is to try and sound s a bit more lively. listening to you talk for the few seconds I did you were pretty monotone and a bit hard to listen to. having watched a few other videos you seem to consistently sound like that
Try a video titled “I want to love making videos again”. I can’t force to make my voice to become anything else. It’s mono tonic and bassy by nature.

MGSV’s video song is “The Forgotten”. The lyrics talks about the forgot guy. Venom Snake. Forgotten topic. Gaming and political correctness. The reason I posted a video with MGSV gameplay is because of Twitter poll.