I own a small private school and I want to create free private youtube channel only for students

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Yes this can be done:

Set the video to private, and in the box below, manually enter the emails of each person you wish to be able to view the video.

A similar alternative is to add everyone who has paid tuition to a g+ circle, and then you can give access to the entire group.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,
I own a small private school and I want to create free private youtube channel only for students who registered to the school and paid the tuition. So only students could see the videos.
I'm not charging money for watching the videos.

Am I allowed to do that?
Yes, there's nothing in the terms of service that says you can't do this.
As others have said, just set the video to Private or Unlisted, here's a quick rundown of the options:

Rotem

Reaction score
Yes this can be done:

Set the video to private, and in the box below, manually enter the emails of each person you wish to be able to view the video.

A similar alternative is to add everyone who has paid tuition to a g+ circle, and then you can give access to the entire group.
But there is a limit of 50 people in private group. There are above 100 students.[DOUBLEPOST=1412012988,1412012732][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, there's nothing in the terms of service that says you can't do this.
As others have said, just set the video to Private or Unlisted, here's a quick rundown of the options:
There is a problem with unlisted. I dont want the students to publish the links in the internet.

JrallXS

Cat Owner
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You create a website linking unlisted video that only your students can watch. Username and password that they are authorized to use

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
But there is a limit of 50 people in private group. There are above 100 students.[DOUBLEPOST=1412012988,1412012732][/DOUBLEPOST]

There is a problem with unlisted. I dont want the students to publish the links in the internet.
I have 2000 people in my g+ group and it works fine. I don't know anything about 'private' groups, all circles are private I think?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes this can be done:

Zaphod nailed it, it's better to have them private because unlisted videos can still be shared around as long as people have the link. This is probably 1 of those rare good advantages to Google+ lol[DOUBLEPOST=1412065610,1412065498][/DOUBLEPOST]

You can have as many people as you want in a circle. Don't create a group just have the students create a google+ profile or page, or you could even get the IT department to create them for students who have paid the tuition.