i need your opinion on something...

piaiscool

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so... I usually post videos that are 2 minutes-6 minutes long the most because I know that since I'm a smaller content creator that people might only give me a few moments of their spare time to watch my videos.

But as for my new video, it's 8 minutes long.
Please tell me if:
1. video is too long?
2. lighting is bad?
3. audio sped up is ok?

also, what can I do to improve?

all feedback is welcome! love you

EDIT: is it entertaining enough to be 8 minutes long?

Last edited:

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, it'd probably be better to go the jump cut rout to cut time instead of speeding up the audio. The high pitched voice is kinda grating to listen to for long periods. So maybe try to script more to keep your time down and cut out periods you don't feel you need. Your first bit, at a normal speed, is actually really good. I don't really watch these kinds of videos, but you have a really solid personality that is really catchy. Hope this helped!

Reactions: Brandon

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
GIRL. SLOW THAT VIDEO BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL SPEED AND UPLOAD THAT s**t. Your few seconds of the video I loved and by your personality alone, I would've kept watching. don't wear makeup, but I still watch makeup videos from my favorite youtubers (grav3yard girl for example bc she's crazy af.) I don't care. I thought the lighting was fine :)

piaiscool

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
^well thank you for your honest opinion! now i know that to speed it up next time.. its cause when it wasnt sped up it would be 15 minute video. Wouldn't that be too much? or i shouldve cut out other boring parts out or something

Reactions: visualbrandon

okaysimi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey Pia

I don't think the length of the video was too long, a lot of beauty gurus have videos that are 10-15 minutes so you were okay. I think the lighting was fine also! I would agree that next time don't speed up the video. You can do it for sections but the high pitched voice is hard to listen to for more than about 20 seconds lol.

Great video though! I like the dollar store makeup idea. I had no idea the dollar store sold so much makeup lol

visualbrandon

Reaction score
^well thank you for your honest opinion! now i know that to speed it up next time.. its cause when it wasnt sped up it would be 15 minute video. Wouldn't that be too much? or i shouldve cut out other boring parts out or something

Just cut out the parts that you don't think flow as well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Pia! I'd say its easy to tell you have a fun personality just within a few seconds of watching the video. Definitely cut "boring" parts instead of speeding up the audio. Easier to watch! Best of luck to you :)

Calixo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, just watched the video you posted, was really enjoying it until the chipmunk bit kept going haha

So i thought ide go watched a few others, your the next lizzza koshy, your so quick witted its unreal, unless you script, i dont know, either way your channel is lit, i subscribed i reckon you'll be at 5k by the end of the year

have you considered, recording in front of a window on a bright day, natural light would really help the videos

also your student saving money one is so true, i creased up haha

gl, waiting for the next one

morelikecappuccino

Be Kind: Please Rewind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Your video looked professional until... speed increase... ugh please reverse this asap

Length - I dont really think anything under 12 minutes should have you worried about "time" more than I would advise "how entertaining is this after say 3 minutes?"
Your personality alone should keep some glued but most will probably get bored. You can do some things like a cut to you IN a different location doing some action EG: opening a baby powder bottle and getting it everywhere or something that fits context of your video and is entertaining but not forced ( a very hard line to walk )

Light
For a "vlog/makeup" video the lighting is fine, just make sure we can see everything.
You can also add a point light behind you to give yourself an outline [ in this video the light would go on the floor out of frame pointed at the back of your head ]

Great stuff!