I need the most honest & sugarless constructive criticism

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sample video

Problem: Number of views/likes/subcribes is terribly low.

What would you say I could improve upon?
What I should do better?
What I should not do at all?
What I should add/remove?

I am considering the idea of having a different narrator, any thoughts on that?

No need to sugar-coat it.

Thanks in advance guys

AT

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the review / feedback forum. :)

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Straight away: put the video game title in your title or in the top of your subscription box. It took me like 30 seconds to realize this was a gaming tutorial, which is way too much time. A better title would be: "Double-Mission Trip Tutorial -Astroneer Lunar Update". Having the game title is important, especially with lesser known games. Put it at the end though, because YT cuts titles short. Tutorial is a big buzz word that people search for a lot.

Your audio could use some smoothing, as some T's and S'ses sound very harsh. You don't have to straight up change the presenter, just give a bit more care to the audio produced.

Also, make better use of your description box. The first couple of lines are the most important, as A) most people will not expand the description box and B) the algorithm only scans the first bit of the description for keywords. Put an adequate description of the contents of your video (with lots of keywords such as 'tutorial') in the start of the box.

Tags. You have way too less of them and they are not specific enough. This is an Astroneer game tutorial, so put tags like 'Astroneer tutorial' in your tags. Overall I think you need to learn a bit more about SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

I watched about 2 minutes and you can use a few more jump cuts in your editing. When you travel to a planet to show something, just cut to it. People don't have long attention spans, especially if they are watching a tutorial for something specific.

In general, I don't think you have bad content, people just can't find it due to a lack of SEO. I do think there is a niche audience out there for you! Hope this was helpful!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow, that was GREAT!
I immensely appreciate this honest review and your time.
I guess I had been underestimating SEOs.
I'll work on smoothing the T's and S'ses.
I understand what you mean about the lack of Jump Cuts. Instead what I did was to speed up the video. This way the viewer would have the choice of either see it or fast-forward it him/herself. This way the people that would like to see the trip would still have that choice.
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, they mean a lot to me :)

AT
P.S. I like your title font

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wrote a tutorial on this forum about SEO and Networking to kinda hit home how important it is. If you're interested, you can find it here:

This way the viewer would have the choice of either see it or fast-forward it him/herself. This way the people that would like to see the trip would still have that choice.
That's not a good idea. People will either click away or click forward through your video. Both of these things affect your retention time and your watch time, two important metrics. People who watch your video will probably play the game themselves and are very familiar with the traveling and even if they're not, they will do the traveling when they execute your tutorial. So there is no benefit in showing this. Tutorials need to be snappy and to the point, otherwise people click off. If you go to the Creator Studio and got to your video, you can see the exact analytics of that video. Look up the retention time and see where it drops off. This will tell you when people lose interest and click away from your video.

Also, thanks! It's called TIZA, I think you can find it on Dafont.com

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wrote a tutorial on this forum about SEO and Networking to kinda hit home how important it is. If you're interested, you can find it here:
Thanks a bunch for sharing :)

That's not a good idea. People will either click away or click forward through your video. Both of these things affect your retention time and your watch time, two important metrics. People who watch your video will probably play the game themselves and are very familiar with the traveling and even if they're not, they will do the traveling when they execute your tutorial. So there is no benefit in showing this. Tutorials need to be snappy and to the point, otherwise people click off. If you go to the Creator Studio and got to your video, you can see the exact analytics of that video. Look up the retention time and see where it drops off. This will tell you when people lose interest and click away from your video.
This is great to know! Thank you so much!

Also, thanks! It's called TIZA, I think you can find it on Dafont.com
Ok, thank you D.A. :)

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad