I need some help.

RemusYouTube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, my name is Remus and I have a channel for 6 years with over 600 videos, focused mostly on LOL videos. youtube.com/user/RemusNeo/videos

I could use some advice, not sure what is happening but for about 2-3 months it's pretty bad with YT for me. Some months are great because I have some videos that explode to 100-400K views somehow( like this one: /watch?v=o00ZuCBL9S8 ), but some are really bad, when I make some good videos that I work days on and they get stuck to 2-10k views... 52k subs but still most of them are inactive, even if I've made almost 20K in 2016, why are so few watching? Newer videos just seem not to get recommended, fewer views from subs and from suggested videos than before...

Not really sure what to do, even top 10s that I occasionally did in the past, they used to always get recommended to at least 100k views, now they just get stuck mostly, and recently got very lucky with some sandbox videos, but even then the first one got a lot more recommended then the other 2, and some of my best videos are my ultimate guides(I make one for Akali every year), and those bring subs but they are very hard to make and they grow slowly over time, the one from last year got 200k in 1 year.

(An older Top 10: /watch?v=FP3Ol-V0Yok A new one: /watch?v=0CioHqaw7QU and last year's guide: /watch?v=TQ4fN_sp88A the new one: /watch?v=5HmQ-f4difo )

It's really frustrating to have months with 1 million views and 3k new subs and then drop in some to 300k and almost no new subs, and unsubs seem to be rising on many channels, I've checked a lot of other channels, and many of them seem to drop views/subs for a few months...

I've tried making some nice videos with other games recently too but it's hard to get views on them as well, only my WOW videos from 2-3 months ago did really well, I've made a new one 2 days ago to see how well it will perform.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading, and if you have any suggestions/advice, let me know! :D
-Remus

Basit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
hey man! your content is awesome! and it really shows! 50k subs is an awesome accomplishment!
i think staying consistent is key to longevity and growth! some games are more popular than others so try posting games that are "hot" in the market like for honor and horizon zero dawn... etc etc

RemusYouTube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey there, thanks! :D
Well, LOL is still the biggest game out there, and I've tried making a funny video with For Honor when it came out, didn't work too well, what buggs me is that it worked well for the past 2 years but since a few months ago views/subs started to drop for some reason.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Every vertical has its own cycles. Channels within a vertical also go through cycles, sometimes independent of one another. I monitor over 100 channels in my vertical extremely closely. There are usually a handful of channels really hot for a few weeks to a month or two, then they start to stabilize or dip in views/subs. Then other channels pick up the slack and increase. It's mostly got to do with macro and micro trends in the vertical. Those who execute on the macro trends, and execute well, go strong. Then viewer fatigue might set in, and new videos on that trend are not getting as much views.

As an example, a particular channel was making 20M+ views on a "Doc McStuffins" video, then a few 5M+ view videos. They then saturated their channel with Doc McStuffins videos to the point that viewers were likely bored - how much variation can you have on exactly the same theme? Their new videos were getting 20k views as opposed to their initial videos. The correct thing to do would have been to go onto a new trend, but they did not. Their growth suffered as a result.

So study your vertical, identify the major and minor trends, and hop on board. Better yet, create your own trend. With your sub count you can easily do that. Good luck!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Reviews and Channel Feedback forum. ^_^

RemusYouTube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Every vertical has its own cycles. Channels within a vertical also go through cycles, sometimes independent of one another. I monitor over 100 channels in my vertical extremely closely. There are usually a handful of channels really hot for a few weeks to a month or two, then they start to stabilize or dip in views/subs. Then other channels pick up the slack and increase. It's mostly got to do with macro and micro trends in the vertical. Those who execute on the macro trends, and execute well, go strong. Then viewer fatigue might set in, and new videos on that trend are not getting as much views.

As an example, a particular channel was making 20M+ views on a "Doc McStuffins" video, then a few 5M+ view videos. They then saturated their channel with Doc McStuffins videos to the point that viewers were likely bored - how much variation can you have on exactly the same theme? Their new videos were getting 20k views as opposed to their initial videos. The correct thing to do would have been to go onto a new trend, but they did not. Their growth suffered as a result.

So study your vertical, identify the major and minor trends, and hop on board. Better yet, create your own trend. With your sub count you can easily do that. Good luck!
Good advice, thank you! :D

But the thing is I always covered new stuff from the League community, since videos with other games don't work so well for me, I had some good ones with WOW a few months ago, and top 10 videos usualy grew a lot over time but now they seem not to.
I usualy got plenty of views on updates and news surrounding LOL, but now there are many people doing it as well, some of them that started not long ago.