I need some help with my video Settings, PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carwyn Wenner

Reaction score
hey there guys im fairly new to this whole idea but i am creating a website as a project and i have got a subscription etc, cut a long story short I dont want people to be able to right click my video and get the url or embed options when its on my website! Is this a possibility or am i being stupid? it is an unlisted video but i have embedded it onto my website. Please Help!! cheers guys x

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
If you have it embedded on your website using the unlisted setting from YouTube I am guessing anyone can get the url from it as that is how the embed option works from YouTube...

There could be some HTML coding or something else that I am not aware off but as far as I can see if you embed a video on an external site the url will always show up...

Jonathan

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I'm curious as to why you don't want people to know the URL or be able to embed... like.. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want that.

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Perhaps he does not want it to be spread around... He just wants a site he can upload to, embed from and keep it a "secret" on his own site...

That is just a working theory though hehe

Jonathan

Reactions: Symph

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont believe that is possible, if you embed it on your website using the HTML or the iframe the URL will be visible in the source and also within the player.

Carwyn Wenner

Reaction score
the reason i dont want anybody to get the url is that they are paying a monthly subscription to get access to he videos, if they can get the url then they can forward it online or to friends. what is the best way/ cheapest way to store videos online so that i can use them on my website (like i said im new to this)
thanks for all the responses its great :D

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
You would want a custom Adobe flash built player stored on your own websites host server... that is a whole different thing than YouTube overall... YouTube is meant for full sharing unless you only open up the videos to your channels Friends...

You can definitely not do what you want through YouTube in that regard! sorry man!

Jonathan

Reactions: Michael

Carwyn Wenner

Reaction score
thanks for response, so youtube is a definate no go, thats is useful to know so i can stop wasting my time trying that avenue. my problem is i dont want to have to fork out $$$$$ on host server space until i know that this idea is a go-er. We have lots of footage to put up so we were hoping to find a free source of hosting (I.E YouTube) to host these files for free (it did seem too good to be true) do you know of any other way i can reduce hosting cost by putting these videos elsewhere? Or any other way around the early big costs of hosting all the disk space?

Status
Not open for further replies.