i need some help about audio

alexandercv

Reaction score
So i decided to start an anime/game analysis channel.I've just bought AT 2035 xlr mic and scarlett 2i2 interface
I tried to record few lines in audacity,but it sounds about the same as my old mic,just a little bit cleaner.
I have no clue what to do to improve the audio.Should i do post processing?Should i change the interface settings?I really don't have any clue/
Digibro used the same equipment as mine before 1 year and he sounded great

Reactions: Skeltano

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The first thing you should do when you start recording is be completely quiet for 5-7 seconds so your microphone can pick up the background noise.
When you've recorded the audio clip, select those first 5-7 seconds and go onto noise removal and click onto "get noise profile" if I remember correctly, after that select the whole audio clip and go into noise removal again and press okay and let it process.

After you've done that go into Compressor and set it anywhere between -15 to -18.
Then go to, Equalizer and select curve to Bass Boost, after that's done go back into Equalizer and select curve to Treble Boost.
Then go into Limiter and choose Hard Limiter from the drop down menu and set it to -3.0
When you've done all of that just Normalize the audio and you're done.

Reactions: alexandercv

alexandercv

Reaction score
Okay,now i have another audio related problem.I sound really boring,like i am super tired and sluggish.I tried to speak more energetic,but it sounds the same.
I can post a sample,but the forum is not allowing me to post mp3

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru