i need some advice about video editing.

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
hi there people.

do you know those cool explosion effects some people add in their video's? i want to know how to make something similar. i downloaded a android emulator and i want to scrol trought the MP3 playlists. as i record that i want to get rid of the background and make it transparant so that i can add it into a video like you are scrolling trough your music on a imaginairy invisible phone. the problem is that i dont know any software that can mask out backgrounds frame by frame in a moving video. does anyone know how to do that or knows any software(doesnt have to be free)?

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
After effects

Raven Johnson

Reaction score
I use Sony Vegas Pro 12. I can clone myself, walk through walls, shoot people (not really haha), blow things up, take souls, and more. You should try like the trial first to see if you like it then look for tutorials on youtube and they should walk you right through the steps. I will totally Subscribe to you if you subscribe back, you seem like you got some good ideas in mind :)

ComeToLyfe

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Just so you know, don't expect to step into the world and be great. It takes time to be able to create good effects in any program. Even with tutorials, if you are just starting out it is gonna take hours and hours of work to turn out anything decent. So many people seem to all of a sudden think that they are vfx pros just because they have a copy of after effects or that they are automatically an awesome youtuber because they have a good camera.

Now as for what you want to do with the mp3 player. You can do two things. First you could set the background to a solid color (green or white or blue), record the frame and then key out the background. However you are going to have several problems with this. First of all you must use a computer screen recorder because there are no android screen recorders. Secondly, the recording is going to be very low quality.

Your other option is to learn how to use after effects or something of the like and recreate the mp3 scrolling (easy for an experienced person like myself but if you've never used ae before then it might take you a loooong time). This is also your best option.

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Just so you know, don't expect to step into the world and be great. It takes time to be able to create good effects in any program. Even with tutorials, if you are just starting out it is gonna take hours and hours of work to turn out anything decent. So many people seem to all of a sudden think that they are vfx pros just because they have a copy of after effects or that they are automatically an awesome youtuber because they have a good camera.

Now as for what you want to do with the mp3 player. You can do two things. First you could set the background to a solid color (green or white or blue), record the frame and then key out the background. However you are going to have several problems with this. First of all you must use a computer screen recorder because there are no android screen recorders. Secondly, the recording is going to be very low quality.

Your other option is to learn how to use after effects or something of the like and recreate the mp3 scrolling (easy for an experienced person like myself but if you've never used ae before then it might take you a loooong time). This is also your best option.
i am aware of that it isnt all that easy to do all those professional edits, but time isnt a real problem. resolution isnt a problem either since its just gonna be a small part of the screen, also screen capture is already covered because my channel is gaming.
thanks for you comment though, gave me some ideas. ;)

Mickzter97

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you have Premiere Pro (Adobe)
If so, just download a green screen explosion, then use Ultra Key to get rid of green. Works fine.

Khazrify

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If your a beginner I suggest having a look at Sony Vegas/Premiere Pro. These programs are good for beginner video editors and you can make some really cool effects in them. After you have got the hang of these basic programs I suggest looking at After Effects, you can make some really professional looking effects once you get the gist of it. Hope I helped :)

DefyTalk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with everyone above as well as watch tutorials constantly. If you can afford it I even suggest getting a subscription to "Lynda." They do great tutorials over there.