I need opinions on this video... is it legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerspectiveMusic

Reaction score
I needed some Adobe programs (which cost money) for projects at home and at school, so I used a free method. I decided to make a video showing how I did this. This was December 31. In the past few days, a few people have talked with me about this video possibly being illegal, and I could get in trouble. But then I see a couple videos doing the exact same thing with as much as 100k views, and my video has around 9k. So what's the deal? Is it legal or not? I need your guys' help.

P.S. I can't post the link here because that is promoting my video which is not allowed, so yeah.

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends if it is the exact same program as the one you would buy but hacked into so you can use it for free then it's probably illegal. But if it is a ripoff vesion that was free then its probably fine.

PerspectiveMusic

Reaction score
It depends if it is the exact same program as the one you would buy but hacked into so you can use it for free then it's probably illegal. But if it is a ripoff vesion that was free then its probably fine.
So is there any possible way I could get a strike or be sued because of the video? Other videos just like mine have been up for months.

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
They may be up because no ones reported it but they are absolutely against TOS and if discovered/reported will give you a community guideline or account ban. Just because someone elses video is still up and has views doesn't mean it's not agaisnt TOS (there was p**n for years on yt that was just simply not reported so it had all the views).

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
so you illegally obtained a copy of a program and then make a video on how to illegally obtain said program. what do you think? lol

BigB0ss

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Just put support the official release/piracy is bad/yadda yadda in the video somewhere you'll be fine babe.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah it's illegal. You're promoting illegal activity which is most probably offense on YouTube.

entrepreneur

Reaction score
This might land you a community strike, but as for the content of your video, since it is original, i guess this video would fall under fair use?? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.