I need opinion about the Repetitious Content Policies

str9721

Reaction score
Hello yttalk , i really need some opinion on this. First of all these are the policies :

These are the policies i've seen around web but never on official sites. So please tell me if they still apply.

This is content that appears mass-produced in order to increase views without adding significant educational or other value. Examples include:

• Synthetic voice reads third-party content or nonsensical content
  • Content on a channel with minimal changes from video to video
  • Repetitive or mindless content with no additional educational value, commentary, or narrative
  • Content that’s been mass-produced or generated programmatically
  • Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no additional narrative, commentary, or educational value

And even if they do:

And about my channel , its kinda like any other askreddit channels on youtube but with slight differences such as :
- Audience language is not English so i am putting a lot of effort on translations not like formal ones but more slang ones.
- Only using the informative AMAs and AskReddits.
- Using a licensed TTS software but it's not generic like Microsoft Sam , real human like. And i am also licensed to edit the voice according to the videos context.( for example if its a military person giving AMA's i often use radio-like voice). And usually switch.
- Using dynamic backgrounds that are not to eye-batting.

I wonder if me putting a lot of effort on translations fall under the category of " adding value.
Does translating changes the reddit contents being "third party content" category?

I really need answers on that before growing my channel bigger and putting a lot more effort. Thanks in advance.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
These are the policies i've seen around web but never on official sites. So please tell me if they still apply.
The source of the policies is indeed Youtube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1311392#cqg

Also check their official blog post here when they announced those policies: https://support.google.com/youtube/forum/AAAAiuErobUUxfdrq_tAlM/?hl=en

Those policies are still there so yes, they still apply.

Using a licensed TTS software but it's not generic like Microsoft Sam , real human like.
Well that is clearly going against their policy isn't it? ( "Synthetic voice reads third-party content" is not allowed) It's irrelevant that you have a license for the TTS software or that you think it sounds human. Believe me - for a native speaker, text to speech software doesn't sound human. But the reason it's not allowed is because you're just copy-pasting into a piece of sofware and clicking on a button. It's automated, mass-produced content.

I don't see why you have doubts. You are doing one of the things they specifcally say you mustn't do.

str9721

Reaction score
But the reason it's not allowed is because you're just copy-pasting into a piece of sofware and clicking on a button. It's automated, mass-produced content.
So translating the original content , with my own narrative still apply as mass-produced content ? .

Thanks for the links by the way i'll be reading all the info there. But before that every single information i found earlier suggests the same thing " Third-Party content without narrative" "Third-Party content without added value " . My doubt is translating the third-party content to another language with slang and with my own story-telling adds value to the content therefore its no longer a %100 third-party content nor mass-produced.

str9721

Reaction score
And also using my own voice will be a lot worse for my viewers since im having difficulties with my breath-control and accent. I really feel like this channel idea will have good educational value. I'm not just planning to copy paste everything i come across on reddit. I'm just simply picking up askreddits - askscience - IAmA etc. with educational value.