I need honest feedback on my channel

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started making videos 4 or maybe even 5 now months ago
Growth is a process. Do you post consistently ? Do you have an upload schedule ?

14 videos isnt a lot and for that you have 120 and quite alot of views (seems good to me)

Just keep it :) your videos will improve over time

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For me the banner needs work, it doesn't tell me what your about (other than Llamas) whats your channel identity ?

Post more frequently

Reactions: QueenLlama

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I started making videos a little over 2 months ago and only have 7 subscribers. Considering that you already have over 100 subs, and going through your thumbnails, I’m very impressed.

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
For me the banner needs work, it doesn't tell me what your about (other than Llamas) whats your channel identity ?

Post more frequently
I agree with you on the banner I will try and get it sorted soon :) thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1507545065,1507545010][/DOUBLEPOST]
I started making videos a little over 2 months ago and only have 7 subscribers. Considering that you already have over 100 subs, and going through your thumbnails, I’m very impressed.
Thank you I keep trying to improve my thumbnails! ^-^

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well I watched your Crazy Lady bus video and your "I Am Alive" video and I've got to say right out of the gate your quick cut edit style is brilliant for this kind of content :) it really lets you put across everything you need to say as quick and high energy as possible so big thumbs up there :)

Couple of little things I noticed just while watching a few of your videos if your looking for constructive criticism:

*I can highly recommend you invest in 1 or 2 cheap panel video lights, your videos are a bit dark and while natural light is fine when your outdoors, inside it can often be a bit patchy and can make things look a bit grainy. You'll probably sink 30-40 quid on some super cheap lights (35-45 if you choose to run them off an extension chord or two) but not only will it really benefit you in giving you some backlighting and highlighting you and making you stand out in your shot but it'll also give you a lot more control over colour correction and saturation :)

*Also I'd take a look at your framing. while a good close up can make give your audience a sense of intimacy, like they're in on a conversation with you. pulling back slightly and tilting the camera up so you get the full head and shoulders into the shot will again really make you stand out and let you make bigger gestures and give you a bit of an energy boost

*I noticed as well sometimes you use music in your videos and sometimes you dont. I would say use music but only if you know how to sound balance because one of the biggest sins i've encounted with people who vlog (And im guilty of it sometimes too) is either the music is too loud and I cant hear whats going on or the musics too quiet and it might as well not be there.

Other than that the only other thing I noticed really is that your thumbnails are good at drawing people in but i've always been a fan of uniformity...so maybe make a template that keeps things consistent and then add your ideas into it from there :)

Other than those points (Which admittedly are fairly minor really) Your videos are pretty good, your speak quite naturally and the contents all pretty solid...I would say if your going down the Vlog route to maybe try to do a few regular theme videos like on clothes or hair products or something that would interest you :) uploading consistently and using themes sparingly like that should help quite a bit :)

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Well I watched your Crazy Lady bus video and your "I Am Alive" video and I've got to say right out of the gate your quick cut edit style is brilliant for this kind of content :) it really lets you put across everything you need to say as quick and high energy as possible so big thumbs up there :)

Couple of little things I noticed just while watching a few of your videos if your looking for constructive criticism:

*I can highly recommend you invest in 1 or 2 cheap panel video lights, your videos are a bit dark and while natural light is fine when your outdoors, inside it can often be a bit patchy and can make things look a bit grainy. You'll probably sink 30-40 quid on some super cheap lights (35-45 if you choose to run them off an extension chord or two) but not only will it really benefit you in giving you some backlighting and highlighting you and making you stand out in your shot but it'll also give you a lot more control over colour correction and saturation :)

*Also I'd take a look at your framing. while a good close up can make give your audience a sense of intimacy, like they're in on a conversation with you. pulling back slightly and tilting the camera up so you get the full head and shoulders into the shot will again really make you stand out and let you make bigger gestures and give you a bit of an energy boost

*I noticed as well sometimes you use music in your videos and sometimes you dont. I would say use music but only if you know how to sound balance because one of the biggest sins i've encounted with people who vlog (And im guilty of it sometimes too) is either the music is too loud and I cant hear whats going on or the musics too quiet and it might as well not be there.

Other than that the only other thing I noticed really is that your thumbnails are good at drawing people in but i've always been a fan of uniformity...so maybe make a template that keeps things consistent and then add your ideas into it from there :)

Other than those points (Which admittedly are fairly minor really) Your videos are pretty good, your speak quite naturally and the contents all pretty solid...I would say if your going down the Vlog route to maybe try to do a few regular theme videos like on clothes or hair products or something that would interest you :) uploading consistently and using themes sparingly like that should help quite a bit :)
This review is literally perfect thank you! Yeah music is a bit of a problem as I feel like it is always so much louder than my audio! Thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated :)

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
This review is literally perfect thank you! Yeah music is a bit of a problem as I feel like it is always so much louder than my audio! Thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated :)
Not a problem! :) Happy to help

iJustin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like my channel is already going down hill and I have only just started. I need critical advice please be brutal and honest because I do not know why my growth has suddenly stopped
Here's an idea, why not create a ''Popping'' banner, take loads of shots of yourself in different poses, then individually, place them together (with shots you think are good) then behind the shots of you (on white background of course) change them to different colours, perhaps make the middle shot of yourself holding an iPhone/iPad showing the name ''YouTube'' that will really bring in your subs and watch how your channel will start instantly growing again.

I also told a mate of mine to do the exact same design.. (Clearly in different posses) and he went from 0 subs to over 1K subs... try it out you might be surprised!!
Hope this helps!!

azureblaze4

Reaction score
You are doing extremely well for the small amount of videos you have uploaded. If you maintained that and gained subscribers with each new video you'd possibly have steady growth.