Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I read the little description tag on this sub forum and I need all the help I can get in that field. I copied this straight from that forum description with modification to suit this thread, "I need to find out how and where to promote my YouTube videos the best I can, I would like to get top techniques & tips from others and learn how to drive people to my channel, gain new subscribers and build a bigger and better audience." I mean I went up from 8 to 13 subs since last week, but in all actuality that is a pretty small bump in subs. Since 1 of them was a family member. Thank you in advance for helping me out with any and all information you can provide me in these areas

Reactions: eroM

eroM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's a 62.5% gain which is quite a good number! I know how it feels with sub count.

I don't have much experience in locations to promote but I just dumped 9 bucks on one site in the hopes it would generate subs. But I'm not seeing many traction from that at all so I'm going to spare you and not say. I feel it was a waste for me. Live and learn though.

Just keep cranking out the content you feel good about and you'll eventually start seeing returns. I'm saying that on the premise that I hope my own work will result in that outcome too. A good quote by Ben Stein: Nothing happens by itself...it all will come your way once you understand you have to make it come your way, by your own exertions."

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's a 62.5% gain which is quite a good number! I know how it feels with sub count.

I don't have much experience in locations to promote but I just dumped 9 bucks on one site in the hopes it would generate subs. But I'm not seeing many traction from that at all so I'm going to spare you and not say. I feel it was a waste for me. Live and learn though.

Just keep cranking out the content you feel good about and you'll eventually start seeing returns. I'm saying that on the premise that I hope my own work will result in that outcome too. A good quote by Ben Stein: Nothing happens by itself...it all will come your way once you understand you have to make it come your way, by your own exertions."
Thanks for that, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone trying to find that good vein to mine and get some people interested. So far the most I've found on facebook gaming/gayming groups is a few people here and there liking the video there, but not on youtube itself and no new subscribers from it either. It feels a bit frustrating, I hope I catch a break somewhere when it comes to promotion places. I mean, all I want to do is have a whole bunch of subscribers, so I know I'm making a whole mess of people happy and smiling to see a game they like or one that they could like and/or be interested in playing themselves.

Reactions: eroM

Chemigal_Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, trying to find the right avenues for promoting my videos has been one of my biggest struggles as well, a lot of places fall into a sub4sub category or are so over saturated with people promoting and not actually watching other people's videos. While my channel is still very small I have found that even jut talking and getting to know people in these forums have helped me grow the most.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I might be wrong. I still have a very small channel. But learning from other successful individuals on the platform I would concentrate on building a good library of content first and not stress too much about promoting or subs. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Minyin Valarauco

Minyin Valarauco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, trying to find the right avenues for promoting my videos has been one of my biggest struggles as well, a lot of places fall into a sub4sub category or are so over saturated with people promoting and not actually watching other people's videos. While my channel is still very small I have found that even jut talking and getting to know people in these forums have helped me grow the most.
I know what you mean, and I don't want to do sub 4 sub, because it's against youtube policies for one. And for 2, it's a useless sub as that person will likely never look at your channel again or comment or like anything on it. Then that is also the next problem I'm facing, if I do find a good place to promote, I can promote sure, but it's only filled with people trying to promote and nobody looking for creators to watch or sub to. So, yeah it feels like, just the more people I talk to like on here or the ones that do happen to comment on my video on youtube or facebook or wherever are more prone to subbing or sharing my stuff with people they know, because we had an actual bit of conversation.[DOUBLEPOST=1541039282,1541038460][/DOUBLEPOST]
I might be wrong. I still have a very small channel. But learning from other successful individuals on the platform I would concentrate on building a good library of content first and not stress too much about promoting or subs. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That's actually very true when I think about it. Because even the most successful youtubers that I currently watch on a regular basis didn't have all that much content on their channel when they were first starting out. Some only doing 1 video a month or every other month. Although there are others I've seen that have 100's of gaming videos in their library and they only have something like 50 or less subs, and the content looked pretty good, so I'm not really sure one way or the other. It would still be good to know suggestions on better than here or there places to promote and try to grow. Currently I'm just using things like facebook groups, my own FB feed, twitter, and now here.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally feel you you just start making content as often as you can and use good seo, make sure you have good titles, tags and descriptions and people will find your channel and share it with their family and friends.:)

curiousflavor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha I'm honestly hoping just one of my video picks up some steam... Not really sure where to promote other than the occasional plug on reddit, friends, and my own social media accounts.