Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

I need help. What is the best camera for video recording???

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by Mr.raspberryxd, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Mr.raspberryxd
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $113
    I have a canon rebel T5i and its nice with photos but it slacks when it comes to taking videos. am i doing something wrong with the camera? or do i just need one that is better for recording?

2. Commander Skull
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $21
    I personally have a Cannon Legria HF606 Its a very good camera and it serves its purpose for my videos. I would suggest depending on what you are going to use the camera for to search the web for what will best suit you.

3. Sinc
    Mr Not That Famous
    Cash:
    $16
    any dslr with a 50mm lens. Get you that blurry background but you in full focus. I personally use Nikon because i have a lot of other accessories for it.

4. TechSpotJosh
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $17
    Your question is kind of bad, no offense. It's bad because there really isn't a right answer. It all depends on what your goal is with your content. RED cameras can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, same with Phantom Cameras and they are amazing for cinematography / slow motion shots. You wouldn't outright buy these cameras, you'd rent them from a production company. Also, don't be fooled by 4K cameras. 4K in my opinion is a gimmick because depending on your TV size, you basically have to be a few feet from the TV to be actually watching it in 4K. We had a 72 inch in our office when I was doing an internship for a production company and the guys told me you were only watching 4K if you were 5 feet away from the screen and the people at the opposite end of the conference room were watching 1080p.

Also, T5i should be fine for shooting video, are you using manual settings? The real question for you sir should be which lens is the best for recording (because honestly your camera is fine for what you're doing I suspect.) You could get a better lens so that you are able to be more flexible with the shots that you can take.

5. 8GUS
    Cash:
    $5
    You should be fine with a rebel T5i. Keep in mind that you set your FPS on 60 (or 30, but I like the 60). If you use 30 fps use a shutterspeed of 1/60 or closest by. Rule of thumb is double the fps. So on 60 fps you should use 1/120 or closest.

As someone else said, a lens with a big aperture is best for those blurry backgrounds. (f/1,4 is biggest I believe. But anywhere below 3 should be ok).

Hope that helps

6. The NotARubicon!
    NotARubicon Productions
    Cash:
    $60
    As already mentioned, we can't tell you "the best" without knowing what "the best" means to you. A RED 4K most people would probably consider "the best", but it's kinda pricy. Many people consider the Canon 70D "the best", but only if you are looking to spend $800-$900 .. Some people say a Nikon D3100 is "the best" because it only costs $175..
    Anyway, I would make sure you are using your current camera to the best of it's abilities (as already mentioned) and that will mean learning how to use manual-mode and maybe tossing up some additional lighting. AFTER you are sure you are getting the most out of your current camera, then it might be time to consider something new.. Unless you're made of money, then just go get a new Canon 70D .. oh, but if you do that, and don't learn how to use it in manual-mode, the video will likely suck.