I need help on how to make good videos!

Alance-23

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys if anyone could give me few tips on how to make good videos and edit them really well I would really appreciate it!

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
There is a lot that goes into making good videos. These forums are filled to the brim on such topics and advice on how to grow your channel. I'd recommend poking around some more. But below I compiled a list in my opinion what goes into making a "good" video. I tried to keep my list more on the "Gaming" related side for you as to that's what I guess is your intended genre.

1. Clear Commentary Audio (No background noise, no hum, etc.)
2. High Quality (At least 720p if possible).
3. Consistency. (Upload weekly or daily.)
4. Walkthroughs contain as much information as possible without boring your audience
5. Relate to your audience. Entertain them, ask them questions, engage.
6. Length of video relates to type of video. 10-15 minutes. 20-25. Below 30 is highly recommended. Anything shorter the better.

I'm sure there are Gaming channel experts on these forums that can compile a better list with much more information then I could provide. But overall just get out there, create and you'll learn along the way. We all make mistakes but through those mistakes is how we get better. =] Best of luck!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video editing discussion forum.

Alance-23

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is a lot that goes into making good videos. These forums are filled to the brim on such topics and advice on how to grow your channel. I'd recommend poking around some more. But below I compiled a list in my opinion what goes into making a "good" video. I tried to keep my list more on the "Gaming" related side for you as to that's what I guess is your intended genre.

1. Clear Commentary Audio (No background noise, no hum, etc.)
2. High Quality (At least 720p if possible).
3. Consistency. (Upload weekly or daily.)
4. Walkthroughs contain as much information as possible without boring your audience
5. Relate to your audience. Entertain them, ask them questions, engage.
6. Length of video relates to type of video. 10-15 minutes. 20-25. Below 30 is highly recommended. Anything shorter the better.

I'm sure there are Gaming channel experts on these forums that can compile a better list with much more information then I could provide. But overall just get out there, create and you'll learn along the way. We all make mistakes but through those mistakes is how we get better. =] Best of luck!

Thank you so much!!! I will take your advice.This really does help me out a lot because I didn't know about all those things but now i do!!! Thanks again.

Reactions: Farley Productions

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
- Buy a good camera
- Plan your video and have a solid structure
- Break your recording sessions in different parts
- Take multiple shots and compare them
- Use a good software to edit
- Have a good intro and a outro
- Don't just say only HI on the intro and get to the topic.
(now your channel link is broken so I'm not sure what type of channel is yours but it might be different based on your channel)
- When recording audio make sure there is no noise
- Good thumbnail
- Good title
- Most importantly update regularly.....There are more but those are the basics. Good luck!

Reactions: Alance-23

Alance-23

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've moved this to the video editing discussion forum.
Thank you!!![DOUBLEPOST=1515827962,1515827773][/DOUBLEPOST]
- Buy a good camera
- Plan your video and have a solid structure
- Break your recording sessions in different parts
- Take multiple shots and compare them
- Use a good software to edit
- Have a good intro and a outro
- Don't just say only HI on the intro and get to the topic.
(now your channel link is broken so I'm not sure what type of channel is yours but it might be different based on your channel)
- When recording audio make sure there is no noise
- Good thumbnail
- Good title
- Most importantly update regularly.....There are more but those are the basics. Good luck!
Thank you so much!!!!!

SneakyMace

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In my opinion there are only really 4 things that people really care about
good editing
good thumbnail
good a crisp clear video anything above 720p
good characters, doesn't matter if scripted or not you still have to have a distinct personality something interesting to watch

Alance-23

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my opinion there are only really 4 things that people really care about
good editing
good thumbnail
good a crisp clear video anything above 720p
good characters, doesn't matter if scripted or not you still have to have a distinct personality something interesting to watch
Thanks for the advice!!