I Need Help. My Channel Seems To Be Dead.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Straight to the point.
My channel is completely frozen in terms of subscribers and views. In the few months that it's existed, I have gained four subscribers by posting a billion 'sub for sub' messages, then one more simply because they liked my stuff, then lost one for whatever reason, then gained two more by showing the channel to two people I know. All in all, six subscribers. And it has stayed that way for at least two months at this point.
Also, I'm having a weird thing with views. The first few videos I put up, I watched them myself eight or nine times, simply because I wanted to see how they turned out. Then the views started racking up to thirty, twenty, ten, all from other people. Here's the thing: I haven't touched my latest few videos (save for an accident where I clicked on two once, and they both now have 1 view each), they've been up for two weeks, and absolutely nothing has happened. Nothing.
Except, somehow, my total views keep going up. It was at 60, then it went up to 61, then to 65, and it's now at 66, all while the views on the individual videos stay exactly the same. I have no idea why this is happening.

First question: I understand YouTube recommends videos on the basis of views, but would it really happen for a video with like 10 views? Probably not, right? But that's the only explanation I can think of for why the views on my first few videos are around 20-30.
Second question: WHAT DO I DO?! I love making these videos, but to put in massive amounts of effort and have absolutely no one see it - not even the six people subscribed to me - is really, REALLY depressing and disappointing. I put in hours of work on my latest big video, and absolutely no one has watched in over two weeks. Is this just a natural part of starting out? I don't want to whine about how I deserve attention, but do I just not have entertaining content?

PLEASE BE BRUTALLY HONEST. BRUTALLY. Please check out my channel, review the content, let me know what's wrong. Or give me general tips; anything at all would be nice. I have absolutely no problems with criticism, so let it loose. I would just like outside opinions, because I've tried everything I can think of by now.

Some things that are probably holding me back: I'm not someone who, in the time that my channel's existed, has done a good job of keeping to a consistent schedule. Sometimes I didn't make it in time, a few times I was completely derailed by an outside problem. I understand this may have contributed a great deal, but I am not sure if it's the main reason (my channel is practically nonexistent, after all, so it may be that no one even noticed).
My audio also kind of sucks and I sometimes have moderately long pauses in my videos. I've been working on improving the pauses, but I can't do much for audio.

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi soft. I'm sad that no one replied to this help request so I will make the first step. First of all your audio isn't so bad at all but yeah it can be improved. I noticed that you SEO is really non-existent so you need to improve that.
1)For the title you are not so far from good: I'm more focused on let's play content so I can't give you many suggestions about how you should title your videos D: ;
2) For the description use the same keywords you used for the title, but in proper sentences. Also try to add as many info as you can to what the video is about, without spoiling anything. Just write anything related to the video!
3)For the tags you need to put relevant ones but considering the content of your videos I don't know what to suggest you. My general tips for that is using the youtube search bar, searching something related and waiting for the auto results (those are popular searches and if they fit you can use them as tags), also you can use some keyword suggestion tools and in the end even a couple of chrome extensions called Tubebuddy and VidIQ (they can make you able to see tags in videos, you can see if that tag has a good rating in searches and a lot of other stuff.
Also I think that watching your own videos is useless because after a while youtube erases those fake views so you should focus on adding annotations during the videos, calling to actions your viewers, be engaging!
Also try to add other channel keywords, something related (I don't know if that helps but it wont hurt you for sure).
I hope that this helped you.
And, for the f**k' safe, DON'T GIVE UP! It's so easy to just screwing everything. I know that those may seem empty words but use this time to improve yourself, it may seem that you are trying at your max but you can even beyond.
SO Keep Going!

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ok brutal channel breakdown time =]
Your thumbnail, channel art and channel name are all pretty cool- basically I like your branding so first impression was pretty positive.

I think first and foremost, your problem is your content. I just watched a bit of all your videos and it was definitely quite a journey, and I'm left slightly confused about pretty much everything.

As far as I can tell, you are aiming for a surreal story series about an anthropomorphic egg (soft boiled obvs) and you know what, for what its worth, I am on-board with that. Its pretty left field, but at least you are doing something different.

I can tell you must have put a lot of time into the illustrations. My advice in regard to these, would be to avoid using text in these images as often you don't have time to read it and you want the viewer focusing on what you are saying. The illustrations should serve to enhance what you are saying, and maybe provide carefully timed dissonance for comedic effect. A youtuber who does this well is Zero Punctuation- you could check him out if you haven't before.

Do you script your videos? I think this is where you are best to direct your efforts at this stage. Audio quality, upload schedule etc all come after good quality content. I think that your video style would suit lots of short snappy videos- using your surreal style and quirky comedy in short sharp bursts (say 2 minute or less) could be quite punchy. Get a script and ruthlessly work it down till it is just punchy joke after punchy joke- cut out the fat.

The story is quite hard to follow- I got completely lost in part 2- the "meta" side riffs where the narrator address the audience work if you use them sparingly, but whole minutes would go by where you just have the narrator speaking about something completely different, then you return to your story about an egg.

To highlight this, think about the fact that after parts #1 and 2- the audience has committed 17 minutes of their time to watching your story and all that has happened is an egg has gone outside, been threatened by a wolf, but has survived then suddenly its an apocalypse. In this amount of time, you can watch an entire episode of simpsons which has a plot with a beginning a middle and an end.

Also, stop doing videos complaining you haven't had any views- nobody likes negativity and it won't achieve anything.

Honestly, the idea of your channel is not that bad- but your egg-cecution is letting it down. You need to give me a reason to be invested and interested in the story- try not to go off on too many tangents- keep it focused, funny and engaging- make me want to watch the next one, make me want to subscribe because I need to know what happens to that anthropomorphic soft-boiled egg!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Thank you both for your detailed suggestions! It was extremely helpful.