I need Help ASAP

Tonkaturn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, I don't know what I have done. So last night I uploaded a video and it blew up quick. It got over 17000 views which is amazing for a Youtuber of my size, however, after 2pm BST the views literally just stop stone cold dead. I don't know if its something I have done or something is wrong with Youtube. I have been racking my brain all day and I can't find an answer....

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Check your analytics maybe? They can show you when and where the traffic came from, see if anything raises a red flag, any discrepancies, trends etc. That's where I'd start, and if anything's busted with YouTube it should be reflected in the stats

Tonkaturn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have looked on there.. and I don't really know what I am doing.. this is only my first week on YT... however it says that 90.2% was coming from suggested videos and when i clicked the top video that was recommending me and my vid is not there. I have looked at my audience retention and it is well over 20% so i don't see why they pulled it. There is also like over 200 engagments on the video as well.

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have looked on there.. and I don't really know what I am doing.. this is only my first week on YT... however it says that 90.2% was coming from suggested videos and when i clicked the top video that was recommending me and my vid is not there. I have looked at my audience retention and it is well over 20% so i don't see why they pulled it. There is also like over 200 engagments on the video as well.
Yeah, seems like a mistake on YouTube's part. Though it could be that others see it in suggested but you can't, due to how YouTube tailors the suggested videos list, but that wouldn't explain the abrupt halt. Either the video ended up being suggested and then got removed from there, or YT somehow randomly assigned a bunch of views. But whatever the case I can't see any rhyme or reason other than "the whims of the YouTube gods" :)

World's Greatest

Reaction score
It's the Youtube God. I have seen him in action before. Also, now Youtube is undergoing some major changes, so a few glitches are expected. Other than that, I can only think you are some legendary filmmaker :bounce: to be.

Tonkaturn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't even know why the video blew up in the first place.. it was one of my worst ones

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very normal. The algo runs tests and places you in suggested spots on different videos and different channels. If it likes the performance it keeps the video. If not it takes it off the suggested or deranks it. You probably had the first or second spot on a popular video then dropped ranking. Everything is fine. Nothing is broken. Normal operation seen in dozens of times.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Probably not. If the algo didn't like something about the stats that's it. But if it needs videos matching your kws it can give you another run. It depends on pent up demands, new trend potentials, stuff like that. Sometimes it reignites but not often. Best thing is make more vids targetting those kws and topics.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You'll see this trend often as suggested by kiddietoysreview. If you look at the time of your upload, my good guess is that exactly 24 hours after upload you noticed this huge drop. If you've done good, You'll probably see 3 regular days now with much lower traffic and the fourth day things will slowly rise again. Be ready with some good video with a similar title and content and upload it at the peak of the traffic rush hour on a given day.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview