I need friends like myself!

Wahduhhec

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love recording, especially doing vlogs. But I always find MYSELF recording and not having a good friend to hold the camera for me... ever. It sucks cause I feel as if I can get way better shots and actually feel like im talking to someone if someone is holding the camera for me while I vlog. I guess it just may be me, but I wish i had more friends that like vlogging and recording. ):

what do you guys think?

Wahduhhec

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
LOL maybe! Everyone should admire themselves. But yeah I have a tripod already.

Imagination Playtimes

Reaction score
As a vlogger you should get really comfortable with holding your own camera. I also suggest you mix up your shots a lot. I for one don't 100% focus on vlogging on my channel, but I do vlog on the side. One key to vlogging is to have an abundance of clever camera angles and switch them up constantly. Watch Casey Neistat for great examples of good vlogging and editing. Vlogging is your show, so don't expect someone to dedicate their time to holding your camera for you.

Reactions: Wahduhhec

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This "having someone else film your own vlog" is very new and mainly only for the huge channels. Vlogging has always been about holding your own camera. I think it's more real when I see someone holding the camera rather than a camera guy being used... just my 2 cents.[DOUBLEPOST=1515951539,1515950994][/DOUBLEPOST]I just watched a couple of your vlogs. I subscribed. You're doing great. It's very natural and like you've been doing it for years. I think you should keep it up and you'll get big. I think being more honest with your tags will help you as well. again, just my 2 cents.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally think it’s better if you hold your own camera when you’re are vloging, but I get sometimes it would be nice to have someone hold the camera for the shots that you might need to be I. Front of the camera for. I make a lot of comedy and I use tri pod to fim all my videos but there’s one video idea I have that I need someone else to hold the camera for me, But I don’t want friends to just hold my camera for me that makes me feel like I’m using them just for filming.

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have the same problem, whenever I think of sketches I find my needing friends to play roles in my skits and to help to hold the camera

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Holding your own camera for sure is the best way to do it for vlogging. It adds a more personal touch to the video and allows the viewer to feel like they're seeing your day more through your eyes then a camera mans. You want to entice your audience so add that personal touch and make the video all about you. Become the video and it will become a lot clearer that you don't need a camera man.

Wahduhhec

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This "having someone else film your own vlog" is very new and mainly only for the huge channels. Vlogging has always been about holding your own camera. I think it's more real when I see someone holding the camera rather than a camera guy being used... just my 2 cents.[DOUBLEPOST=1515951539,1515950994][/DOUBLEPOST]I just watched a couple of your vlogs. I subscribed. You're doing great. It's very natural and like you've been doing it for years. I think you should keep it up and you'll get big. I think being more honest with your tags will help you as well. again, just my 2 cents.
I truly appreciate that! It means a lot to me. I guess I felt that way because just as you said many of the big youtubers have a person that I assume “pay” to hold the camera for them and I shouldn’t even be thinking like that. It got to me because I usually see vloggers having a group of friends of similar interests and when I look around to see my friends, none of them have the same interest as I do. But I’m just complaining about things that I shouldn’t be complaining in the first place to be honest. It comes down to if you really want something done, you just gotta do it yourself.

Wahduhhec

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally think it’s better if you hold your own camera when you’re are vloging, but I get sometimes it would be nice to have someone hold the camera for the shots that you might need to be I. Front of the camera for. I make a lot of comedy and I use tri pod to fim all my videos but there’s one video idea I have that I need someone else to hold the camera for me, But I don’t want friends to just hold my camera for me that makes me feel like I’m using them just for filming.
this is very true! I deff didn’t want to make this post make it seem as if I’m lazy or I NEED friends to hold a camera for me because I’m all special and stuff, cause I’m not. Anyone who vlogs knows that them themselves know the best shots to take, and when to record the good stuff. so I deff agree with vlogging yourself is the best way to go. I kinda wanted to put it in the perspective as just having a group of friends that just don’t have that same interest in you (vlogging) or ANYTHING for that matter. I wanted to see what people thought about it, like what do you guys do when your friends just don’t like to do what you enjoy doing. I hope that make sense.

Again it isn’t a big issue and my friends are awesome people, this was just a thought I wanted to see from everyone else.

Reactions: Courtney Candice