I need an honest feedback and review of my channel+videos

sunnyscavengers

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber

We spent a day trip to the Asian Garden Mall in Westminster, California. Please give me your review for my first video. Thank You guys!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I really like the video! Interesting and lots of facts and things to look at (also those plushies are so cute..)
Your camera quality is really nice, the only thing I'd say is the audio is a bit quiet (maybe slightly bad quality) and the music in some parts makes it hard to hear your voice over
But overall, I really love the video, it was really fun!

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Greetings Sunnyscavengers,

I note you have only had one reply of interest to your posted video so I thought I would add to this. It’s worth a mention that I’m a very aged pensioner from the UK so I’m far removed from your generation, but I have been producing videos for many years. I’m assuming that the producers are you (girl in hats?) and your male companion.

For your first video, I think it’s very commendable. Lots of interesting sights at the location. All well put together with some background music and voice over. I’m wondering if you both did the editing together. Many scenes were kept quite short which added pace to the production. There were also some good close-ups of items and very good shots of you in various activities.

You asked for reviews so I will give my thoughts. Whilst you (both) will be pleased with your work, having all praise is no way to improve your future work. Therefore I will give some of my negative thoughts that I hope will not hurt your feelings.

It was great that you made the voiceover that was loud and clear this end despite the earlier review that felt it was too quiet. However, for this reviewer (and a couple of friends) it was spoken much to fast to easily understand. Despite viewing several times, most of the spoken content was far from easy to understand. For this aged Englishman perhaps your natural accent didn’t help. Next time, try going a lot slower, please.

For me, a proper title section is a must. Your video opens with no sort of intro but just a sudden view of the road ahead. Yes, I know you had a custom still for the actual YT thumbnail and that would have been quite suitable for a few seconds at the start of your project. I also know that the YT title appears in white top left, but that is not the same as a properly created title sequence. Some of your music over this before you start speaking would be appropriate.

It’s assumed that you placed a transition at around 23 seconds but I feel that this one was inappropriate as at first sight, it seemed an accidental camera wobble. General opinions are that fancy transitions should be used rarely and with care. If you really needed (?) a transition there, then a ‘crossfade’ or a dip to black or white might have been a better choice. Invariably a straight ‘cut’ is the best in most circumstances.

Perhaps there were rather too many fast panning shots overall. Just a matter of opinion I suppose. Some static shots at the various points of interest would have given us time to appreciate what we were seeing.

One thing I hope you will consider adding in future . . . There were several occasions when you were in close-up or medium shot, showing things to the camera as you explored stores. In these, it would have been ideal to speak to the viewers. Explaining what you are showing and talking about the location etc. This sort of thing adds human interest to the overall production.

I hope my thoughts will help in your future productions. Well done.
Pete.

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Greetings Sunnyscavengers,
Further to my earlier reply, we have had a further look (listen) to you Little Saigon video. Despite our efforts, we found that your voice over was very difficult to understand. We tried playing it slower and it was a little better, but I suggest you experiment further to get a really good result. Certainly talking a little slower as already suggested. I’m wondering how you actually recorded your VO? It’s frequently advised that the audio is just as important as the video, perhaps even more so.

Just for something to do, I have made a very short dummy opening with titles etc. It’s not meant to be perfect or the only way, but it’s to give you ideas for giving your videos a nice lead-in opening, telling viewers the basic theme etc. A professional touch you might say. Naturally, I don't know your names so have just used dummy names to illustrate.
Hope you won't mind my ideas.
All the best.
Pete.

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Sunnyscavengers,
It’s a couple of weeks since you posted your nice video asking for reviews and advice on the production. It’s also about a week since I posted my second reply.

As you are new to this YT Forum I hope you will understand what I’m about to say. I’m sure the lady that posted her comments, along with myself, are a little surprised at getting no acknowledgement from yourself for our efforts!

In this Forum, it’s generally agreed that a brief reply to those that have taken their time to reply to requests, is the polite thing to do, even if you don’t necessarily agree with comments made.:) ;)

Wishing you all the best with your future videos.

Pete.

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really like the video cuts,
Pan slower - ex: Food menu board
Nice music pick - seemed to really fit
Very Nice slow-mo use on the Churros scene
Over 100 Subs on 2 videos is also impressive!