I need a Youtube Tax Accountant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXE

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have earned quite alot of money this past year on youtube, far more than I ever expected, and I do not know what to do for tax purposes at the end of the financial year.

Obviously I need to speak to an accountant, but finding someone knowledgeable in this field might be a bit hit and miss? I'm in Australia if anyone knows a suitable accountant they would recommend.

Thanks
TXE

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video monetization discussion forum. I think there will be a better chance of finding help with the thread in this forum. ^_^

TXE

Reaction score
Thanks. You know this is one of the hardest topics I've found to get an answer to.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Honestly, any accountant would do. They are trained and qualified to be able to draw up accounts and give financial / tax advice on any sector.

TXE

Reaction score
Honestly, any accountant would do. They are trained and qualified to be able to draw up accounts and give financial / tax advice on any sector.
I did not feel confident with the last one I seen. Training and expertise are two different things.

DBA

I've Got It
Reaction score
I did not feel confident with the last one I seen. Training and expertise are two different things.
Really any competent accountant will work, doesn't matter specifically where you made your income from (YouTube or otherwise), you just need to tell them that you have "other income" to report. I'm assuming Google will send you some sort of form that states how much they paid you. In the US it's called a 1099-MISC form.

Depending on how much you made and if this is your full time job you may want to discuss creating a business to operate under. It could have tax advantages.

Reactions: TXE

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you call a lot of money?

I'm in the $10 K + bracket and in Australia. It's unlikely you need an accountant for advice on this.

Give us the link to your channel and estimated annual income and I can tell you where you stand.

Rob

Reactions: markkaz

DBA

I've Got It
Reaction score
What do you call a lot of money?

I'm in the $10 K + bracket and in Australia. It's unlikely you need an accountant for advice on this.

Give us the link to your channel and estimated annual income and I can tell you where you stand.

Rob
Out of curiosity, what if anything does Google send you at year end?

WizJager

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have earned quite alot of money this past year on youtube, far more than I ever expected, and I do not know what to do for tax purposes at the end of the financial year.

Obviously I need to speak to an accountant, but finding someone knowledgeable in this field might be a bit hit and miss? I'm in Australia if anyone knows a suitable accountant they would recommend.

Thanks
TXE
i would say depending, how much you made. if you made like under 10k then you will be fine, but anything over that. you will need to keep receipts for thing, you have bought from your youtube money.

Status
Not open for further replies.