I need a new editor

LilJack

Hi this is my first proper post here. I need a new editor thats free because I am annoyed with Movie Maker it just plain sucks. Is there anything I can use that I dont need to buy, the good ones all seem like paid software?

Most of the free ones do suck what could you afford for a cheap paid one?
I would go for a paid software personally, if you are noticing a lack of features or functionality in the free video editors it is likely time to move on for you :) Have a good look around and try some trials out before paying for anything though.

I love windows movie maker. For me, it gives me all the features I need. It was hard to figure out to place a constant watermark on the videos which I finally figured out using the captions features. I hear a software called Vegas is what many of the other storm chasers use but I hear that its pretty expensive but apparently worth it, especially for watermarking your videos.

Im currently using Coral Videostudio Pro(trial), it works great for the videos i make. My camera is on my phone HTC Desire HD so the videos are in HD quality however the file type is .3gp. For movie maker i had to convert and lose quality where as on Coral it lets me edit .3gp. Ive not use Vegas however i have heard great reviews of it.

I would trial a few different software's and see which works best for you, know point buying one and finding its not to your liking.

I love windows movie maker. For me, it gives me all the features I need. It was hard to figure out to place a constant watermark on the videos which I finally figured out using the captions features. I hear a software called Vegas is what many of the other storm chasers use but I hear that its pretty expensive but apparently worth it, especially for watermarking your videos.
It is expensive, quite a few hundred dollars but there are other ways of getting it if you know what I mean. I suggest actually buying the software as you support the developers

Are you on windows or mac? A lot of time you can find good video editors like adobe premiere for free through torrents and whatnot, if your on mac i can pass you final cut pro x

Back