I made an animation!

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
For my Animation 1 class we had two weeks to make an animation that showed what we had learned through the semester. Everything in the video is modeled and animated by me. I just wanted some opinions, both from people who have experience in animations and those who may not. My main questions are if the (rather short) storyline is understood and one's overall viewpoint of it. Do you recommend any things I can change or do in future animations that would hook you in to them more to them? As for video quality, I now realize that it is rather dark and will definitely keep that in mind for my next animation. If you see any other details, please don't hesitate to pick this video apart.

Thanks so much!
Sean

Reactions: User_78298

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
20 views, but no reviews...don't hesitate to say something negative. Any criticism is better than none

Palooza Pizza

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ill start by saying that I don't have animation experience.Your animation is really good! The storyline is understandable but I think maybe if you could focus on making it either really dramatic or really funny by using different music or some extra shots it could help make the video more engaging. You clearly are a talented animator though and I like the idea of this dinosaur and meteor so Id bet you will be successful. I agree with you it is a little too dark. Overall this was pretty cool to see something like this that you animated but for success as an animator maybe try making something with a really captivating story rather than just something that shows off your ability as an animator. I would definitely want to see more animations from you! good luck with your channel, im sure youll do great!

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hey, just wanted to say that this is great! I've made very, VERY little animation, so I can't give you any advice there. I really like the contrast between the creepy and leisure music. :)

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Ill start by saying that I don't have animation experience.Your animation is really good! The storyline is understandable but I think maybe if you could focus on making it either really dramatic or really funny by using different music or some extra shots it could help make the video more engaging. You clearly are a talented animator though and I like the idea of this dinosaur and meteor so Id bet you will be successful. I agree with you it is a little too dark. Overall this was pretty cool to see something like this that you animated but for success as an animator maybe try making something with a really captivating story rather than just something that shows off your ability as an animator. I would definitely want to see more animations from you! good luck with your channel, im sure youll do great!
Thanks so much for the feedback! It's okay that you don't have experience. You gave really helpful information. I'll definitely take that into consideration for my next animation!

Hey, just wanted to say that this is great! I've made very, VERY little animation, so I can't give you any advice there. I really like the contrast between the creepy and leisure music. :)
Thanks :)I really appreciate the comment. I'm glad you were able to get the contrast I was trying to go for.

Reactions: Palooza Pizza

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I liked the animation, but I honestly couldn't tell what was going on after a couple watches.
Yeah I honestly think that's how my teacher saw it...thanks for the feedback! My next animation will focus more on storyline so that (hopefully) it'll be more understandable (and also look better overall)

Nazir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I saw the animation But it was too dark so, i did a fast forward it's nice that you made the animation but sun and dinosaur what was the Relation and what was it about it's harder to understand and it's hard to see coz it's too dark

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I saw the animation But it was too dark so, i did a fast forward it's nice that you made the animation but sun and dinosaur what was the Relation and what was it about it's harder to understand and it's hard to see coz it's too dark
Yeah that was my naivety. I was trying to go for a contrasting dark and light, but I didn’t think to check that lighting would be so dark no one could see it haha.
So it’s a meteor. It was just a short animation showing the dinosaur doing its thing, hunting a bunny, and than a more perspective view with the meteor hurtling to both, well, their impending doom. However, the ending is open ended.