I made a channel trailer. Please review!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
i took the advice of many from here and made a dedicated channel trailer that will only be seen by new visitors. It’s 2:30 and while that may be a little long, I tried to jam as much as possible into it.

Basically I’m just looking for opinions on how long the video will keep your attention. And if you were into games if you’d click on anything mentioned in the trailer and stay a while?

Thanks

Last edited:

Andie_the_Lab

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if this is the video you'll play for new viewers to your channel, it needs to be more about you and less about spewing facts you could have learned.... or better yet, cut the info down in 1/2 but make the video in a way that makes the viewer feel like if they didn't follow you, they'd miss out on these tidbits of info.

i'm pretty new myself so maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree. But if i were a viewer that's what i would be looking for

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
if this is the video you'll play for new viewers to your channel, it needs to be more about you and less about spewing facts you could have learned.... or better yet, cut the info down in 1/2 but make the video in a way that makes the viewer feel like if they didn't follow you, they'd miss out on these tidbits of info.

i'm pretty new myself so maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree. But if i were a viewer that's what i would be looking for
Thank you for the feedback. I did write each sentence as a way to grab attention without fully explaining everything. So I thought I was doing doing that.

But I don’t understand why I should talk more about myself and less about the channel. Unless it’s just to leave things open

Andie_the_Lab

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the feedback. I did write each sentence as a way to grab attention without fully explaining everything. So I thought I was doing doing that.

But I don’t understand why I should talk more about myself and less about the channel. Unless it’s just to leave things open
think about a movie trailer - it's suppose to entice you with the promise of content - not give you the content straight up. you give away too much with that intro video (imho)

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
think about a movie trailer - it's suppose to entice you with the promise of content - not give you the content straight up. you give away too much with that intro video (imho)
Ok I’ll share less next year

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I kind of agree with him though I didn't watch the whole intro. Recaps are just that, recaps. Trailers aren't supposed to let you know what's been going on but entice you to stick around.

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
I kind of agree with him though I didn't watch the whole intro. Recaps are just that, recaps. Trailers aren't supposed to let you know what's been going on but entice you to stick around.
Oh I guess I didn’t think it out right. The idea was to have people interested in that and then come back for more this year