I learned how to have success on YouTube! My Jouney

Knowledgia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hello community, I wasn't here for some months, I started making Animated History Videos in May 2017, I reached 1000 Subscribers on the Year's Eve, a month and a half ago, and now I am reaching 2000 Subscribers. The Channel is growing more and more.

My personal advices for you (and please read till the final) :

1.Don't count subscribers, count views! A thing that I learned is that from 1% to 3% of people who watched your content are going to subscribe. So if you have a total of 100 000 views on your channel, you will probably have 1000 subscribers and so on.

2. Upload as often as you can, once a week is to rare! Upload 2-3 videos / week ( If you are gaming, upload 3-4 / day LOL).

3. The first months are garbage! Don't be disappointed, hold your thoughts and keep doing what you love.

4. Watch analytics and social blade every time. In this 9 months journey, I have seen that by every month my views grew from 50% to 100%. So if in May I had 500 views, in June 1000, in July 1600, in August 5000, in September 8000, October 12 000, November 17 000, December 30 000, January 40 000 and in this month I will probably make 60 000 views. Imagine how many I'll have in march : (probably 100 000) and in April (probably 150 000 - 200 000)

5. Don't be a sheep. I mean, you have to add your own style. I am making history videos and I am trying to add some jokes here and there and to make some entertaining in the same way. Also I've seen channels that are just editing with Movie Maker and with photos from GOOGLE, and they reached 100k. Why? Personal Style :) I was curios about this YouTubers, because I was trying to made animations and create maps in photoshop and textures and huge historical personalities to entertain people, and I had few hundreds and other with simple edits, boom 20-30-50k. So add your own style bro.

6. Put a good name : I have the same name as here, and when I created the channel, I wasn't sure how to name it. I thought .. well.. aha the word : Knowledge ..um.. let's make some upgrade! It's important to add your own uniqueness and believe me, you have that!

If you reached the final, I want to thank you for your time to read it! To be a successful YouTuber, you have to put in the work for 1-2 years and you have to upload as often as you can! After 1-2 years, you will have success! If you quit, you will be failure. It's simple as that. YouTube it's the game of numbers !

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
These are definitely good points to follow. In particular point 3, many get disappointed at the start if they don't see much traction and give up

Reactions: Knowledgia

Knowledgia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So true! Keep hustling! Don't give up!

gamejump

Reaction score
hey thanks for posting your journey
can you help how you making your videos

cheers

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
The thing keeping me going is #1, I love video games so I have no problem making the content. #2, I build a FB group with 13k members and growing daily from nothing (in the real estate niche), and another over 5k members and growing. It took time and patience. As with any business, it takes consistency x time = success.

projectmanaia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the tips! Will try stick to them.... We've been in the race for around 2 years already though, unfortunately with breaks in between (tied to seasons) so let's see if an ongoing video stream makes it work better ;-)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also I've seen channels that are just editing with Movie Maker and with photos from GOOGLE, and they reached 100k. Why? Personal Style :)
Its crazy that people get away with doing this.[DOUBLEPOST=1520241626,1520241499][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you reached the final, I want to thank you for your time to read it! To be a successful YouTuber, you have to put in the work for 1-2 years and you have to upload as often as you can! After 1-2 years, you will have success! If you quit, you will be failure. It's simple as that. YouTube it's the game of numbers !
I agree - Year 3 is when I see real growth. This was after hundreds of videos.

Lucky Luck

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I will stick to it, still a long way to go but do not give up!