I just uploaded a really random video that I love.....

paigelknowles

Engineering & art student that says funny crap!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And well I want you guys to tell me if it's as ridiculous as I feel it is or if it's actually quality content?
I'm new to the reviewing area and I have been working on promoting my channel for awhile and I'm really not catching that much traction which is fine but I was just wondering if this type of video would add to my channel or take away from it? Keep in mind that my goal is to have a fun silly and interesting channel that makes people just a smidgen happier and more entertained. I really just want to know if this video makes me seem fun or just weird lol. My boyfriend thinks that its weird and dorky so that was my reason for concern. Thanks for any input you have to give!!!!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It hunk you should have just kept the fast motion part and left out the talking. It was very good and kept my attention because I want to see what will happen next. Once it's over, then I'm ready to stop watching. In the talking bit, there's so many jump cuts it looks like you're having a seizure or something. I say it's better to speak in one take or add a flash transition to smooth it out. If you wanted you could just add the voice track over the first part and have what you want to say in there and keep the production very tight. It's good to see you're willing to take feedback. I think here is a good place as someone who leaves a bad comment might demotivate you where as helpful comments here and. Help improve you. You shouldn't choose a video randomly for review but choose the best ones overall or ones you think are artistically challenging. It's a good video and should stay up there and you should not be afraid to do more like it Good luck

Reactions: paigelknowles

Duder

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Gajillionaire has said most of what I would say already. However I'd suggest if you wanted to keep the talk section in, stick it at the front. There isn't a whole lot of context to this video, and people will sit through the talking to get to the humour, however will not stay once they've seen the meat of the video.
Moreover, it'd give it more structure. You could come up with funny names or something for each position - that way it keeps the audience's focus and adds more humour. You've got to lead people into jokes a bit, so that could help there. Especially with gags like this that are based on you doing something, rather than saying something if you catch my drift?

I definitely wouldn't say it's weird or dorky. It's good, funny and cute. For woman on youtube you'll get some many dudes who'll watch stuff if it's cute, regardless of whether you want that sort of audience or not. It's just how it goes.
It's good, you're making cool videos for this level in your channel's development - 10/10 homie, keep it.

Reactions: paigelknowles

paigelknowles

Engineering & art student that says funny crap!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Gajillionaire has said most of what I would say already. However I'd suggest if you wanted to keep the talk section in, stick it at the front. There isn't a whole lot of context to this video, and people will sit through the talking to get to the humour, however will not stay once they've seen the meat of the video.
Moreover, it'd give it more structure. You could come up with funny names or something for each position - that way it keeps the audience's focus and adds more humour. You've got to lead people into jokes a bit, so that could help there. Especially with gags like this that are based on you doing something, rather than saying something if you catch my drift?

I definitely wouldn't say it's weird or dorky. It's good, funny and cute. For woman on youtube you'll get some many dudes who'll watch stuff if it's cute, regardless of whether you want that sort of audience or not. It's just how it goes.
It's good, you're making cool videos for this level in your channel's development - 10/10 homie, keep it.
Thank you for the great advice I would have never thought of cutting up the time lapse and adding some funny names or something. Thats a great idea!

Reactions: Duder