I just started making youtube videos, and need advice.

Hygginus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello! I just started making youtube videos (mainly gaming) and I want to know how I can improve my videos. I don't know a whole lot about editing softwares or anything, but I will list what I am using.
Camera: Telephone
Sound: Røde NT1-A
Light: Just a regular lamp
Editing software: Adobe Premiere Elements 15
I would love to get any kind of advice really, so please just go ahead.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Your videos look pretty nice from what I've seen of your Outlast 2 video and a couple of the Life is Strange ones. Maybe lower the gameplay audio a little bit so when the game gets "loud" we can still hear you over it. Plus I'd also love to see your reactions for Outlast 2 a bit better. Since it's only you on the camera could you zoom in a little bit? I think it would help bring us in a bit more.

I use a lamp myself so don't feel too bad. But a lamp I bought (from Target for like $30) had 3 bulbs on it and I can bend the supports to move the lights around a little bit provide a pretty good light source and makes up for not having professional lights in my Gameplay videos. Might be something worth looking into. =]

Other then that in my opinion you make pretty good high quality videos so far. I would just keep doing what you're doing and you'll start improving over time. Cause you'll notice to tweak things to make them better. =] Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Hygginus

Hygginus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wauw thanks for the answer! That is some really good advice :) I didn't even think about zooming in for some reasons, but that is an incredible idea!
Btw: What software do you use for your Breath of the Wild gameplay? :D

Reactions: Farley Productions

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Wauw thanks for the answer! That is some really good advice :) I didn't even think about zooming in for some reasons, but that is an incredible idea!
Btw: What software do you use for your Breath of the Wild gameplay? :D
I use Sony Vegas 13 for my editing software and we record our gameplay with an Elgato HD as well. =]
And you're welcome! A tall 3 light bulb lamp works surprisingly rather well when it comes to lighting up a room for those. Plus my friend doesn't mind me leaving it over at his house either.

Reactions: Hygginus

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you should be more worried about channel promotion. You got good idea on how to edit videos so now it is time to invest in promotion. I would suggest to buy shouts from bigger channel or advertisement post on social media directly from group/pages creators.

Reactions: Youtubestarterpack

Hygginus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you should be more worried about channel promotion. You got good idea on how to edit videos so now it is time to invest in promotion. I would suggest to buy shouts from bigger channel or advertisement post on social media directly from group/pages creators.
Thanks for the answer m8!
Can you actually buy shoutouts? How does that work ? :p I clearly don't know that much about promoting a channel :)

Reactions: Youtubestarterpack

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
practice makes perfect! :D and the best way is to be yourself and eventually you will get into a routine of how you do things and you might just have some real potential :D just watched your outlast 2 - part 1 video and it was pretty good! gave it a like :D

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
your stuff is fine man.. if you want people to come, just be real. act like you care what you are talking about, and when that person comes that is like I LOVE YOUR STUFF. let that person know that you love him/her lol nah not that serious, but don't ever ignore your audience. If you let them know you hear them and respond to their comments either in the comments, or in videos, they will keep coming back

As far as editing - just take some time to fiddle around with what you got. Practice makes perfect