I just got a copyright strike....

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
And I am managed in my network, I don't understand....

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you can still get copyright strikes as a managed channel.

Reactions: Shane

ConnersCraft

I Make Video Games... :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can still get a copyright strike if you are managed. Managed channels are not subject to the autoclaim system, but someone can flag your video for copyright and file a strike against you. What was the strike for?

Reactions: Shane

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Managed doesn't mean you're 100% safe, now days it means you're the 1 who's meant to be more copyright aware, it means the network trusts you to not produce content without permission from a copyright holder. So either the copyright strike happened because a developer/publisher was being a douche even if you had permission OR you didn't bother getting the right permissions from a developer/publisher. In the first case being managed, you can get help for that. In the 2nd case you'll be very lucky if they keep you as managed.... I'm guessing since you assumed being managed protects you from this stuff, the 2nd case happened?

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I uploaded a gameplay from a WB game, and they have deleted the video and striked me.

Would be funny to call my network tomorrow!

Alrod360

Proud leader of VideoGameAddictz!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Animator
Stay away from Warner Bros.! They are known for giving people copyright strikes for using their in-game music.

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I uploaded a gameplay from a WB game, and they have deleted the video and striked me.

Would be funny to call my network tomorrow!
Yeah, that's a big one there. You can call your network all you want, won't change anything at all. I was with RPM, and when I got a strike they told me it wasn't there problem and that I had to take it up with YouTube directly. Needless to say I'm no longer with them, haha.

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Stay away from Warner Bros.! They are known for giving people copyright strikes for using their in-game music.

Ok thanks a lot, do you know if its useful to contact WB? I don't think so but we never know...