I Have views but subs are hard to get

Chris O

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I must be doing something wrong. Getting 1k to 5k per video but my sub count is not growing. Watch time averages around 70% of the video lenth. What am i doing wrong or is it juat that hard to earn subscribers? I am still new, only about 1 month since my first video. I am still learning on how this thing works. Thank you in advance for any help.

Chris

Last edited:

RawScreenUK

Reaction score
Patience is key. People just don't subscribe for no reason. They do it to follow you, so keep uploading great content and in time you will get a fan base. If you see people comment on your videos just make sure you engage with them. keep up the great work and goodluck.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
But then again, that viewcount is good though! How many subs do you have?
If the amount of views are greater than the subs, then you are doing something right with the videos! To me, the views are better than the subs!
But if you think the subs are important, they will eventually come!

CanuckKidsTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I must be doing something wrong. Getting 1k to 5k per video but my sub count is not growing. Watch time averages around 70% of the video lenth. What am i doing wrong or is it juat that hard to earn subscribers? I am still new, only about 1 month since my first video. I am still learning on how this thing works. Thank you in advance for any help.

Chris
Better numbers than I'm getting..

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the kids vertical, generally, on average, subs convert at 1 to 1000 views. If you have awesome content, you might get 1 sub at 200-500 views. If your content sucks, you'll get 1 sub at 2000-5000 views. This is my experience in this vertical. Each vertical will be different. Do your own research to determine the low, high and mid conversion ranges.
Now, if you run Adwords, for 1000 views ($10 at 1 cent CPC), you might get 2-5, perhaps 7 subs. Conversions are higher because Adwords is very much targeted.
Depending on your costs of sub acquisition, it may be more worthwhile to do Adwords.
For example, if you spend 10 hours of online activity to gain 10 subs, at minimum wage of $10/hour, that's $100 for 10 subs, or $10 per sub. If you run Adwords, you can get a sub at $2-$5 (for example). That may be the route for you to go if you are doing this as a business. If doing this as a hobby, ignore all the above, and have fun!

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
In the kids vertical, generally, on average, subs convert at 1 to 1000 views. If you have awesome content, you might get 1 sub at 200-500 views. If your content sucks, you'll get 1 sub at 2000-5000 views. This is my experience in this vertical. Each vertical will be different. Do your own research to determine the low, high and mid conversion ranges.
This is extremely interesting information. Thank you for sharing this!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is extremely interesting information. Thank you for sharing this!
I did some analysis when starting. For our channel now, 350M/575k = 1 sub every 608 views

I had an excel going, separated into sub ranges. So 1-1k channels, then 1k-5k, 5k-10k, 10k-50k, etc. Put about 20-30 active channels in each category and generate the stats. This will give you a good indication where your growth is at.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is it possible to have more subs than views or was that more like a ballpark figure? :eek:
Well Statistics say that most people get more subs than views, but in this case it´s the opposite, which isn´t bad at all! it also seems like there are people still focusing on the subscribers, but as long as people are watching the videos, subscribers doesn´t matter as much!

Reactions: ToysForKids

ToyBrats

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did some analysis when starting. For our channel now, 350M/575k = 1 sub every 608 views

I had an excel going, separated into sub ranges. So 1-1k channels, then 1k-5k, 5k-10k, 10k-50k, etc. Put about 20-30 active channels in each category and generate the stats. This will give you a good indication where your growth is at.
Thanks for sharing your analysis... we are in such an early stage it's hard know how we are doing yet. I think we're getting out of the friends and family politely watching and subbing stage and into the real stage. This helps as a general guideline.