I have the content, but I'm still a nobody :D

GoonOnFire

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I suppose the title is a bit straight to the point, but maybe I'm missing something.

You see people EXPLODE all of the time from videos that have gone viral, or even in the sense of 200,000 views. I believe that when you start out, everyone has one of those moments, even if the video is only a couple thousand views above your normal amount, it still gives you a little kick to get higher in the subscriber count.

GOONONFIRE - That's my channel. My thing is trolling, and not in the sense that it is a hard to hit audience. What I mean by that, is that some people who troll ruin the game for others, for me, it's just using my mouth to be ignorant, and it genuinely gives people a good laugh, even for people who don't like videogames!

So, I guess I posted this to get a more personalized feel for my channel.

Why are my subs rising so slowly (MAYBE 10-12 a day??). I will never be one of the people to say "I DESERVE MORE SUBS!", cause even if you do - NO ONE CARES. So far my strategy has been - produce better content, and work harder. But even for what my content is, I see other channels out there with much sloppier work and they have thousands upon thousands more than me. I won't simply give up because the subs aren't coming, nor will I play the waiting game by stopping my content from coming out. No, so far it's just been "work harder".

But could anyone give me advice? I have no idea why I am not rising up! Not necessarily to 100,000 subs, but damn, maybe even.... 10,000?

Hopefully you won't read this and think, "What an entitled brat!", please think "What an ignorant moron". Haha

Thanks, Tommy.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You've only been going for less than 18 months and posting videos for approximately a year. Few people reach more than 2k subs by that point unless they're either really amazing, really lucky, or have friends with really popular channels. You're about on par for your time on YouTube. There's no secret. Keep plugging, keep recording, and let them come in. Make it about 'getting bigger' and it'll show on your content :)

Olly Green

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For some youtubers it takes years to become 'youtube famous'.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
For some youtubers it takes years to become 'youtube famous'.
Some people don't even get it after years. There is one YouTuber I watch sporadically (yet never subbed, strangely) who only has 1600 subs since June 2007. She's made over 1,000 videos and has half a million views, but I guess her content was just too humdrum to really gain a following.

GoonOnFire

I've Got It
Reaction score
Would you say I am on the right path? I try to set my own way with my videos and not jump from thing to thing to follow trends. If that makes sense.

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Oh chill. I've been making videos for 8 months and only have 100 subs. You'll be fine.

Reactions: Frankie Turner

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Would you say I am on the right path? I try to set my own way with my videos and not jump from thing to thing to follow trends. If that makes sense.
Well the trolling thing is a big YouTube trend, and a very popular one at that (Thanks to Kevin with his 'How to Annoy' series), but as long as you do it in your own way, and don't try and be anyone else whilst doing it, keep at it. Nothing wrong with not being 100% original, as long as you give what you're doing your own twist, that's my mantra :)

Reactions: obscurimity

GoonOnFire

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well the trolling thing is a big YouTube trend, and a very popular one at that (Thanks to Kevin with his 'How to Annoy' series), but as long as you do it in your own way, and don't try and be anyone else whilst doing it, keep at it. Nothing wrong with not being 100% original, as long as you give what you're doing your own twist, that's my mantra :)
Yeah that makes perfect sense. But what would you say makes something explode. Like, there are some videos out there you see with 10,000 views, and you look at them and think "uh, shouldn't this have 500,000?". Or is it just that the huge youtubers upload content just the like the rest of us (Well some of us) and just because theirs has tons of views, we expect our content to get the same?

And obscurimity, lol, I asked this because I genuinely do not know.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah that makes perfect sense. But what would you say makes something explode. Like, there are some videos out there you see with 10,000 views, and you look at them and think "uh, shouldn't this have 500,000?". Or is it just that the huge youtubers upload content just the like the rest of us (Well some of us) and just because theirs has tons of views, we expect our content to get the same?

And obscurimity, lol, I asked this because I genuinely do not know.
Well a lot of videos these days are botted (they join view for view websites etc). Of course not all of them, as I say some are lucky or just know the right people to collab with, but it is perfectly normal for a channel to grow slower. I wouldn't think about it too much. Make your videos for you, not for anyone else, or for 5 digit views :)

GoonOnFire

I've Got It
Reaction score
I hear ya, just been having trouble figuring out if youtube is really as simple as it seems - Make a lot of content over time and your channel will explode, or if there is some better way. Not cutting out the hard work, but something that speeds it up a bit.

Btw, how the hell did Pewdiepie get so damn big ?