I have no idea what I should upload anymore

JD TV

Hey Guys,

My name is Jonny and I currently have a problem with my channel. Basically, I used to upload Let's play videos about games like Battlefield 1, Fifa 17, Formula 1 and Minecraft. I always uploaded videos that were 15-30 minutes long, which in my opinion is too long.

Another YouTuber with currently 50k Subs and 300k views per video told me why I am not growing. He said that my videos are too long for my small channel, which is something I agree on. Since then I haven't uploaded any videos, simply because I have no idea what I should upload. Like.. I want to make gaming related videos, but it's difficult to make let's play videos that are only 5 minutes long. I kinda lost my motivation, even though I want to become a full time YouTuber. I can't find anything specific that I could do.

Now I want to ask you guys:

1. Do you also think that 15-30 minutes for a video is too long for a small channel?

2. What other videos could I make? I really have no idea what type of gaming related videos I should make that are not that long, but still good.

I hope you guys can help me out with it. I want to become a full time YouTuber for sure. That would be a dream come true.

Kind regards

- Jonny

To say that a video is "too long for a small channel" sounds strange to me. Either a video is entertaining and engaging, or it is not. Viewers will watch it, or they will not. I don't believe that the size of your channel has anything to do with it. If you were comfortable making videos that were 15 - 30 minutes long and enjoyed what you were doing, I say stick with it.
It's important to listen to people's advice of course, especially people with similar but bigger channels as yours, but don't let that advice rob you of your enjoyment and stop you from creating.

Hey Guys,

My name is Jonny and I currently have a problem with my channel. Basically, I used to upload Let's play videos about games like Battlefield 1, Fifa 17, Formula 1 and Minecraft. I always uploaded videos that were 15-30 minutes long, which in my opinion is too long.

Another YouTuber with currently 50k Subs and 300k views per video told me why I am not growing. He said that my videos are too long for my small channel, which is something I agree on. Since then I haven't uploaded any videos, simply because I have no idea what I should upload. Like.. I want to make gaming related videos, but it's difficult to make let's play videos that are only 5 minutes long. I kinda lost my motivation, even though I want to become a full time YouTuber. I can't find anything specific that I could do.

Now I want to ask you guys:

1. Do you also think that 15-30 minutes for a video is too long for a small channel?

2. What other videos could I make? I really have no idea what type of gaming related videos I should make that are not that long, but still good.

I hope you guys can help me out with it. I want to become a full time YouTuber for sure. That would be a dream come true.

Kind regards

- Jonny
Hello I have the same problem with my channel i simply dont know what to upload and im going to switch from gaming videos to normal commentaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just funny videos but It's hard to make them because they are boring... Anyways im going to switch my type of channel to commentaries channel and challanges, life stories, and stuff luke that because there is not so many chances to grow as a gamer.. Maybe if i get it okay with that like super successful i would create a second gaming channel. What is your idea for my first commentary?

Back