I have found a popular market !

KennelMaster

Reaction score
So after months of research and investigation I have decided what my channel will be after Christmas.

I was self employed for over 6 years (started at 17) building animal products such as timber kennels, hutches etc.

My sales were monsterous and the money was amazing but due to the death of a loved one, I fell into a dark hole and gave up.

I currently work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern in the steel industry so it gives me 4 days a week to start up a YouTube channel.

I plan on doing ONE video a week and doing a full, fun product build for a kennel or coop etc with really extravagant designs and features that I hope people will like.

When I was doing this as a job, it would take roughy 2 days to build and I'd profit ah easy £350-450 per build.

Now you may ask, how does this affect YouTube channels?

Well it turns out these types of things are searched for PLENTY on YouTube but nobody ever makes videos about it (you see the same few videos years old taking in the views because there is no content to take its place), so I'm going to jump in there and take them views for myself!!

The next question, where will you get views?

Well when I did this for a job, each product I listed online through various websites would bring in around 300-1000 views a DAY in total so with selling my products and providing links to my channel on a full build video will definately bring traffic. Because people want to know how it's built and the quality before they buy.

Also when the channel grows, every now and then il be doing a kennel or coop give away for subscribers and likes to help increase sub counts and it'll work because everything I will make will be one of a kind unique.

So whilst doing YouTube, each product I make will be sold for profit regardless how well the video does so it's win win for me and fingers crossed the channel takes off which I believe it will!!!

Reactions: charise

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Awesome that you found your niche! Stick to the plan and see if it works out for you! It sounds like building stuff made you happy, and it is great that you are going back to that!
Let us know how it will work out for you!
I do like traveling, and youtube has made go out more!

TheMaskedTruth

Reaction score
Good luck man. Sounds like you're passionate about this. Keep striving and don't stop until you reach your goal.

charise

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good luck!!! I just posted my first video on tues and recorded my second today. Getting your first video up is a huge mountain, but once your over that. Things seem easier!!! :)

KennelMaster

Reaction score
Going to get Christmas out the way first, I've been working 7 on 1 off 12hr days overtime to have a nice Christmas. Il get myself a good camcorder and a few other bits :).
I have £1000s worth of power tools etc and my brother is amazing at video editing and he said he will do all my editing work.
I'm 100% sure this will take off people love seeing amazing builds and my quality of work is EXCEPTIONAL and with the easy marketing and advertising through just selling them anyway will flood my channel with traffic :)

Reactions: charise

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m so sorry to hear about your loved one, I’m glad you found something you would like to do! I wish you the best of luck with your channel!

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm sorry for your loss :(

It's awesome that you found a niche that nobody else seems to be doing. Pounce on that man, get in there before someone else does!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
sounds like a good plan. People watch that kinda stuff!. You could sell them on etsy.com. think your goal should be to get someone else to build them for you at that mark up.. and sell them online, and then get back out of the rat race and back in control of your own income again.

KennelMaster

Reaction score
sounds like a good plan. People watch that kinda stuff!. You could sell them on etsy.com. think your goal should be to get someone else to build them for you at that mark up.. and sell them online, and then get back out of the rat race and back in control of your own income again.
Yeah who knows what the future holds. My income at the moment is pretty s**t hot so doing one build on my days off and selling it is just mega profit :).

But yeah it's a clever marketing tool and a way to grow a channel which I think is quite unique (I've spent weeks researching) and haven't found a single person who does this. So I've found the gap and I'm going to pounce on it!

You see all these make up videos, cake making videos and cosplay videos that people love so I thought why not kennels etc? Really fancy designs properly built will get DIY people Watching, potential buyers and people who just enjoy that kind of stuff :) I think it's gonna work.

robbiefishing

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey mate, sounds like a killer idea!
A few things:
*Firstly, I am really sorry for your loss, and sorry that it sent you to a dark place. I have spent a lot of time in a dark place and it ain't very nice.
*If you are genuinely passionate about making kennels, and not doing it solely for the YouTube element, you will have a greater chance of success.
*You asked how to get your subscriber base started. Firstly, join various groups on Facebook that are similarly related and share your video's in a friendly bubbly manner (Don't just share a link with no words). Don't be scared to ask people to subscribe or share your video's at the end of each video. Most importantly, make sure you take time to reply to your subscribers when they leave a comment. YouTube is a community, not a broadcast network.
*You mentioned 'camcorder'. I use a Canon EOS M6 for my YouTube videos and can not recommend it highly enough. It takes high quality, high definition video footage. I have used several different cameras over the years, but the M6 which I have owned for a few months now is by far the best.

Good luck buddy!

Reactions: KennelMaster