I have been retweeted - Whats the correct etiquette?

NewbieYouTee

Reaction score
Hi

I have got my gaming channel up and running (I have tried to link below), and put a tweet out about my video and hashtagged various related words. Within an hour an account with similar content retweeted me, they have 4500 followers so its now getting out to way more people than I could have done. Whats the expected etiquette? I would like to show my appreciation, but dont know how.

Also, on another topic, the little logo for my new channel is not appearing under "account overview", even though I updated it on my brand account an hour ago, like it told me to.

Thanks

Reactions: ChrisLegend

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
uhhhh. You could shoot them a tweet saying thank you. Pretty straight forward stuff.

NewbieYouTee

Reaction score
I was looking to do that, but there doesnt appear to be a comments section. Whilst I have had Twitter a few years, I have not really used it until now.

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
There is an arrow that points to the left that is reply. Also you could go to their page and tweet directly to them from there.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like it was mentioned, tweeting back a reply to them is great! Just a thank you and I appreciate you liking the content :)

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I tend to follow the unspoken rule of "favor for a favor"..i'd retweet..fav..or even follow. Understand that this is often used as a marketing technique also. People will randomly follow..like..mention..etc others in there niche because they know that most people will do what you are contemplating doing..and what I almost always do..which is respond. Now..just like you said "your content is getting out to more people"..his will also. Yeah it you may think that it's not a fair trade for him since he has a lot more followers but I think that's where people get off track. What did it cost him to do that..nothing..what will he potentially gain...something (a tweet, a follow..like..etc) from you and possibly your followers. Good luck

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's not customary to return the favor, although it's perfectly fine to DM the user as a way of saying thanks.

Imagine 20 users retweeting your content. Surely it would get tiresome pretty fast.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Just give a like so they know you read it