I have an idea for small channels!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!! hope you are all doing great! I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think it could work.
The whole point on joining a youtube forum is actually to meet other youtubers and help each other out right?
That is what we do here, and that is why I love this place! But what about the site that we are all here for? Youtube? How do we help each other out in our own channels? We don't really, cuz at least in the beauty section of the forum, I see people self promoting but no one really replies or gets involved in the new threads....
So, I thought that it would be awesome if we could actually help each other out to grow our channels.
This is not about subscribing to channels or sub for sub (which I think it's ridiculous) It's about feedback.

What if we leave a brief description about our channels in the comments below, the nº of subscribers we have and the reason WHY we think others should watch our videos. We don't have to insert a video or a link, so we don't break the rules, because the link to our channels are already in every post we make.

We would just have to go to that link and check other people's channels out.
Then pick a video that looks interesting to you, watch it, and leave a comment.
And if you like the channel, then subscribe!

The whole point is to give each other the oportunity to find new channels, new friends and new feedback, but not only here on YTtalk, but also on Youtube!

Ok, the trick here is, for example, if you have a gaming channel, go check out a beauty channel. Same thing vice versa.
I have a Lifestyle / Makeup Channel, but I wouldn't mind visiting and watching game videos. Who knows, maybe I would like what I see, leave some comments and maybe I could subscribe, and then I would be making friends not also here, but on Youtube as well! get it? Don't stick to your own style of videos/channels, give others the oportunity to show you what they do.

Remember, this is not self promoting.... it's supporting!

I'll start!

Like I said, my channel is about lifestyle and makeup. I have 299 subs and I have different kinds of make up. The regular ones and fantasy. I love special effects so I have some videos of how to become a zombie, a vampire, and even the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland (the Tim Burton version) I also do Vlogs where I'm usually acompanied by Harrison, my dog! (who is a Westie and really adorable..lol) My videos are in english sometimes, and other times they are in spanish, with english subs.
And the reason WHY people should watch my videos it's because I'm SURE you will fall in love with Harrison and because the art of makeup is fun and can be applied to both men and women. You never know when you will need a trick or two ;)

Now, it's your turn! I hope this works, and I hope I'm not breaking any rules! :p

Let's grow our channels!! :D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
this sounds like a great idea, i actually liked your channel and subscribed because i think maybe my girlfriend might like these videos she always into doing something different with her makeup. all right here goes mine

My channel is about making people laugh through comedy and making vlogs to talk about random subjects i find interesting lastly i like to add in my own talents in my video which are beatboxing and writing poetry. I currently have 10 subscribers (all be it most of them are from friends) the reason why you would like my video is that you might like my sense of humor. i hope you we be friends on YouTube as well :)

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmm alright alright i'll play too! i like this idea!

My Channel is called "Vahnchand" we are a 3 man unit! the name comes "Vahn" comes from my best friends middle name and "Chand" comes from mine and my brothers last name!

Now about our channel. We started off with doing commentary to a bunch of our old Martial arts videos (which we made before youtube was a thing) but when the time came for us to actually make more martial arts videos we didn't have the time to make them..so to by some time we ended up putting a up a video for a robber failing to break in to someones house..and that video did extremely well..We continued making videos of the robber failing and eventually added new characters to our Channel (A Cook Known as Santa Schwarzenegger ..a Mean Easter bunny known as D.O.U.C.H.E.Y.. a Talk show called "The Innovator show" and much more!

Alot of our viewers started calling us the Saturday night live of youtube with our comedy and our characters. It's very different from what we expected it to be..but we are very happy with how things turned out! :D

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice idea! My channel is about random "adventures". They're actually thinly veiled reviews of bad games and they're building up to one big one. I also do gaming videos and vlogs. But I'm trying to be more about content that I actually write and work on more.

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great idea @Dreamcatcher ! I usually try to visit the other video sections other than gaming since I know they are less popular and it just so happens that I'm into things other than gaming. Also as you mentioned, other areas of the forum should get just as much support. Even though I'm not into beauty and makeup, I can find other things to comment on such as production quality, personality, channel design, etc. It's the art of Youtube itself ... the art of being a Youtuber :D

Well my channel is gaming and I like to play a mix of indie and perhaps lesser recorded games (i.e. no Minecraft, CoD, GTA, Fifa) -- Though I might throw some more popular stuff into the mix in the future, it's not my main focus. And I'm having fun discovering and playing games I wouldn't have played otherwise.

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
this sounds like a great idea, i actually liked your channel and subscribed because i think maybe my girlfriend might like these videos she always into doing something different with her makeup. all right here goes mine

My channel is about making people laugh through comedy and making vlogs to talk about random subjects i find interesting lastly i like to add in my own talents in my video which are beatboxing and writing poetry. I currently have 10 subscribers (all be it most of them are from friends) the reason why you would like my video is that you might like my sense of humor. i hope you we be friends on YouTube as well :)
Thank you so much!!!! I hope your lady likes the makeups! :D
You beatbox??!! I'm gonna go check you out right now!! I love poetry as well, so I'm on my way to your channel.... :D[DOUBLEPOST=1430843671,1430843528][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmmm alright alright i'll play too! i like this idea!

My Channel is called "Vahnchand" we are a 3 man unit! the name comes "Vahn" comes from my best friends middle name and "Chand" comes from mine and my brothers last name!

Now about our channel. We started off with doing commentary to a bunch of our old Martial arts videos (which we made before youtube was a thing) but when the time came for us to actually make more martial arts videos we didn't have the time to make them..so to by some time we ended up putting a up a video for a robber failing to break in to someones house..and that video did extremely well..We continued making videos of the robber failing and eventually added new characters to our Channel (A Cook Known as Santa Schwarzenegger ..a Mean Easter bunny known as D.O.U.C.H.E.Y.. a Talk show called "The Innovator show" and much more!

Alot of our viewers started calling us the Saturday night live of youtube with our comedy and our characters. It's very different from what we expected it to be..but we are very happy with how things turned out! :D
hahaha that sounds really interesting! I like SNL specially when Jon Bon Jovi was in it, cuz his band, is my favorite band! lol[DOUBLEPOST=1430843817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great idea @Dreamcatcher ! I usually try to visit the other video sections other than gaming since I know they are less popular and it just so happens that I'm into things other than gaming. Also as you mentioned, other areas of the forum should get just as much support. Even though I'm not into beauty and makeup, I can find other things to comment on such as production quality, personality, channel design, etc. It's the art of Youtube itself ... the art of being a Youtuber :D

Well my channel is gaming and I like to play a mix of indie and perhaps lesser recorded games (i.e. no Minecraft, CoD, GTA, Fifa) -- Though I might throw some more popular stuff into the mix in the future, it's not my main focus. And I'm having fun discovering and playing games I wouldn't have played otherwise.
haha I liked the games you played... you have to do the Alice in Wonderland one!!! :D

Reactions: Vicboss

DoodleNet

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
This could work haha

My names Tyler, and my channel is made up of shorts and nonsense that me and my friends film that we think is funny. Of course its very likely others won't think so, but its worth a shot putting myself out there. The aim of the channel is sketch comedy and occasionally the short film. Current sub cound is....9. xD

Reactions: Dreamcatcher

Squeal Cat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Excellent idea, I'll leave something here too. I always wondered why there's no such thing going on. As it's not self-promoting, there should be no problem checking each others channel out and see the videos and give supportive comments. If you for example have a small group of 20 people doing this, you get 20 genuine views for each new video.

I'm Squeal Cat and I do silly meowing to popular and catchy songs. Because I have no real talent, those videos are horrible. You could judge it yourself by watching one of these :p.

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Excellent idea, I'll leave something here too. I always wondered why there's no such thing going on. As it's not self-promoting, there should be no problem checking each others channel out and see the videos and give supportive comments. If you for example have a small group of 20 people doing this, you get 20 genuine views for each new video.

I'm Squeal Cat and I do silly meowing to popular and catchy songs. Because I have no real talent, those videos are horrible. You could judge it yourself by watching one of these :p.
ohh come on! don't say that! everyone has a talent.. problem is, sometimes we don't even know it! :p

Reactions: Squeal Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.