I have an accent, and I want to start a youtube channel, do I have a chance?

Idan1234

Hi,
I want to start a YouTube channel, but I'm not an English native speaker. I speak English pretty good, but I have an accent while I'm talking. I'm a Hebrew native speaker, which means I have a Hebrew accent (an accent of Gal Gadot style), and I'd like to know what do u think? do I have any chance?
Thanks!

As a person who watches youtube, not as a person who knows professionally what to do.

I'd actually be more hooked to watch someone who has an accent over not having one. but hey that's probably just me?
and also depending on what you post, accents give YT more flavor. like "hey its that guy"

So long as people can understand you when you're talking, you'll be fine. I also agree that having an accent will make you unique and stand out from all the others.

Yeah, just don't try to hide your accent by trying to act super American. Be authentic and people will follow. I wish I was bilingual!

As a person who watches youtube, not as a person who knows professionally what to do.

I'd actually be more hooked to watch someone who has an accent over not having one. but hey that's probably just me?
and also depending on what you post, accents give YT more flavor. like "hey its that guy"
Thanks

Well most of the people have a different accent and there are people who has quite a bit of an accent and are still famous on ytb. Also agree with others that it will make you more authentic. In case the accent might make some trouble understanding for other you might think about the subtitles.

I sure hope you do well, I just started making videos today and my Finnish accent is thick as butter. I know at least one other tuber who also has a strong accent and is successful in the kind of videos I try to make.

I was born and living in Italy and I learned English by pretty much using it everyday so I developed a very own accent, and I got pretty much always positive feedback on it so you have a chance, and on top of that you can make your voice stand out thanks to your accent.

Back