I have a very unique livestream question/problem.. (Partners?)

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi there, thank-you for taking the time to read this thread!

YouTube has recently released livestreaming for all partners, if you go to http://youtube.com/live you will notice how underutilized the live feature is (most notably for our genre, music) and we believe it would be of great advantage for anyone to use this feature given its current state.

We are going to run a radio station on our channel, my plan is to hire (or include their donate link?) YouTube commentators to run the show with a different host each night.

Now on any other platform this wouldn't be an issue, but we cannot have any third parties obtaining access to our account to livestream on. This is where my problem arises..

How can someone else dj a livestream for us on our channel? I've consired having them host and upload the livestream to my computer, and i'd use some sort of repeater to put that stream on YouTube?

I'm completely lost here as to even a method or theory, let alone a working solution.
Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.
- Mitch

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You don't run it as a live stream. Run it as a google hangout that originates from your account and then have your DJ join and put him in control.

Reactions: Freebie

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow, Wreckless Eating.. I've spent hours and hours trying to figure out a solution and I think you've solved it for me.
Thank-you so much, and excellent channel you're quite the YouTube success!

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wow, Wreckless Eating.. I've spent hours and hours trying to figure out a solution and I think you've solved it for me.
Thank-you so much, and excellent channel you're quite the YouTube success!
Happy to help. We're far from being successful on youtube, but we'll get there one day.